Final Fantasy d20 Forums
For Vil (rolld20 question) - Printable Version

+- Final Fantasy d20 Forums (https://forums.finalfantasyd20.com)
+-- Forum: Official Website: https://www.finalfantasyd20.com (https://forums.finalfantasyd20.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.finalfantasyd20.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: For Vil (rolld20 question) (/showthread.php?tid=296)

For Vil (rolld20 question) - kenki - 09-04-2014

So my main group went to collage and got lost on WOW. So I'm stuck again.

Vil you told me at one point in time that rolld20 had coded the rule set for the ffd20 system.

So I was wondering.. >.> did you ever update that, as well as just how does it work.

Reason I'm asking is I have a separate new group who want to make dice rolls a bit more in public view and that was one of the things that came to mind.

I personally use my norm but, this group were more wanting their own little niche of madness and things so I figured thats the best recommendation I could come up with (with out me trying to sick a tonberry at them)

If its not updated I'll try to get them to use my comp as a battle map (which would of been 1000% easier but meh) I just figured I'd ask.

If all else this is for anyone reading:
Does anyone know any sites where players can view all dice roll results at once in a more local setting. IE everyone able to see dice results with out question at the same time.

RE: For Vil (rolld20 question) - dairius_chi - 09-04-2014

You could host a game on rpol that's just for OOC posts between games and to use their dice roller. Seems a bit easier if all you're looking for is a dice roller- could technically also post battlemaps there but you'd either have to do them in the archaic ASCII style or use your own maptool, take screenpics, then host them on photobucket or whatever and post them on rpol.

So if a battle map is important as well roll20 should be a nice option.

RE: For Vil (rolld20 question) - kenki - 09-04-2014

(09-04-2014, 03:36 AM)dairius_chi Wrote: You could host a game on rpol that's just for OOC posts between games and to use their dice roller. Seems a bit easier if all you're looking for is a dice roller- could technically also post battlemaps there but you'd either have to do them in the archaic ASCII style or use your own maptool, take screenpics, then host them on photobucket or whatever and post them on rpol.

So if a battle map is important as well roll20 should be a nice option.

well the map screen issue i think they can go around. Just one of the possable dms (the group hasn't decided yet) was concerned about having a more public viewing dice roller which as what stumped me. He wanted to avoid usage of screen-shots for whatever reason lol.

I'll take a gander at rpol, still was waiting on vil's reply about the other q. If its in rolld20 thing that should settle issues for me.

Thanks for the help though.

RE: For Vil (rolld20 question) - Viladin - 09-04-2014

Roll20 doesn't have any rulesets. Mine, or others. Its a browser-based RPG program that allows for mapping, dice-roller, and miniatures/tilesets.

RE: For Vil (rolld20 question) - Luphey - 09-05-2014

Maptools allows you to create campaign specific macros for all your players that can be exported. It has a few other unique features. It also has some rule sets hardcoded into it. You might look in to that one Kenki.

RE: For Vil (rolld20 question) - TheFrozenMoogle - 09-05-2014

He's just lazy, he wont ask any of us our schedules, even though we have told him many times, it is his responsibility to understand this. Sadly he just wont ask me.

RE: For Vil (rolld20 question) - kenki - 09-09-2014

(09-05-2014, 03:21 PM)TheFrozenMoogle Wrote: He's just lazy, he wont ask any of us our schedules, even though we have told him many times, it is his responsibility to understand this. Sadly he just wont ask me.

Says the person I've asked 5 times, because hes in college. Tongue

I even said pick a day of the week and dis guy says no :p.

However nah this is for another guy who was looken for tools. I was trying to help set him up.

Also you never once said what time in the evening.. I mean how would I know what evening is for you ? :p College supper and all.

Anyhow whenever ya want :p to give a time I can arrange a session. I was planning on one for Friday once I get finish helping the group out.

Just need ya to go "this o'clock"

(09-05-2014, 08:20 AM)Luphey Wrote: Maptools allows you to create campaign specific macros for all your players that can be exported. It has a few other unique features. It also has some rule sets hardcoded into it. You might look in to that one Kenki.

Yeah he was thinking of going to that one , but he wasn't sure, :p but vil answered my q so otay all settled.