Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dancer & Lingering Performance Question
Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can clarify how Lingering Performance works with Dancer.

The last paragraph of the Battle Dance ability explains that it works exactly like a Bard for Inspire Courage/Greatness/Heroics. But Dancer also has lots of abilities which are only in effect while performing a Battle Dance: Fleet, Rain of Blows, Dance of Fury, etc. 

Are these abilities considered bonuses of the "Bardic Performance" and extended by the feat? Or are they only active while actually performing, and the extra two rounds only applies to the Inspire Courage effect?

I'm hoping it's the former, but I think it can be read both ways.
(01-02-2020, 01:43 PM)Caedus Wrote: Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can clarify how Lingering Performance works with Dancer.

The last paragraph of the Battle Dance ability explains that it works exactly like a Bard for Inspire Courage/Greatness/Heroics. But Dancer also has lots of abilities which are only in effect while performing a Battle Dance: Fleet, Rain of Blows, Dance of Fury, etc. 

Are these abilities considered bonuses of the "Bardic Performance" and extended by the feat? Or are they only active while actually performing, and the extra two rounds only applies to the Inspire Courage effect?

I'm hoping it's the former, but I think it can be read both ways.

Its only active while actually performing.

Thanks, makes sense.

I'm also a little confused about the new changes to Mystic Dances, if you wouldn't mind.

Mystic Dances are now described as Battle Dances and have lost their duration's, but still require a standard action that provokes AoO's. 

1. Are these now new Battle Dance options? i.e. Can't be used at the same time as others, Standard action (+AoO) to start, use 1 bardic performance round per round and maintained as free action?
  2. Are they as 1. except require a Standard action to maintain like Leaf on the Wind? If so, would they provoke an AoO every round?
  3. Are they separate abilities which are activated as a Standard action, provokes AoO's and use 1 bardic performance round; the effect then lasts until the end of the current Battle Dance? If so, are they limited to 1 Mystic Dance active at once?
  4. Are they as 3. except use 1 bardic performance round per round? So you could have 1 Battle Dance and 1 Mystic Dance active at the same time.
  5. None of the above?

What about the Mystic Dances which are instantaneous abilities (e.g. Curing Waltz, Violent Flourish)? Can these still be done while maintaining another Battle Dance?
(01-04-2020, 01:59 PM)Caedus Wrote: Thanks, makes sense.

I'm also a little confused about the new changes to Mystic Dances, if you wouldn't mind.

Mystic Dances are now described as Battle Dances and have lost their duration's, but still require a standard action that provokes AoO's. 

1. Are these now new Battle Dance options? i.e. Can't be used at the same time as others, Standard action (+AoO) to start, use 1 bardic performance round per round and maintained as free action?
  2. Are they as 1. except require a Standard action to maintain like Leaf on the Wind? If so, would they provoke an AoO every round?
  3. Are they separate abilities which are activated as a Standard action, provokes AoO's and use 1 bardic performance round; the effect then lasts until the end of the current Battle Dance? If so, are they limited to 1 Mystic Dance active at once?
  4. Are they as 3. except use 1 bardic performance round per round? So you could have 1 Battle Dance and 1 Mystic Dance active at the same time.
  5. None of the above?

What about the Mystic Dances which are instantaneous abilities (e.g. Curing Waltz, Violent Flourish)? Can these still be done while maintaining another Battle Dance?

3. And no, Though I might rewrite the instant abilities, like Curing Waltz. Its suppose to be... spend a round battle dancing, activate Curing Waltz to heal someone. And that's all it costed.