Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freelancer Point Costs
I need clarification for one of my players regarding the purchasing of Spellcasting as a Freelancer.

So he purchases Scholar Spellcasting at 15 JP, easy enough.
Then at Spell Level increases it costs 10 JP.

However the confusion is this line: 

"Any abilities with level improvements (including Spellcasting) must be paid at half JP cost each time you would gain improvements."

1) Are you already paying that cost with the 10 JP and this is a holdover line?  If not:
2) Is that half of 15, the initial cost, or half of 10?
3) Do you pay 10 on levels where you increase Spell Level and this half cost on any other level where you get more spells?
4) Do you pay both on levels in which both Spell Level and other Spells per Day increase?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!
(10-15-2019, 12:31 PM)Lanse Wrote: I need clarification for one of my players regarding the purchasing of Spellcasting as a Freelancer.

So he purchases Scholar Spellcasting at 15 JP, easy enough.
Then at Spell Level increases it costs 10 JP.

However the confusion is this line: 

"Any abilities with level improvements (including Spellcasting) must be paid at half JP cost each time you would gain improvements."

1) Are you already paying that cost with the 10 JP and this is a holdover line?  If not:
2) Is that half of 15, the initial cost, or half of 10?
3) Do you pay 10 on levels where you increase Spell Level and this half cost on any other level where you get more spells?
4) Do you pay both on levels in which both Spell Level and other Spells per Day increase?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

1. Already paying the cost.
3. Just spell level.
4. Just spell level.