Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Questions
Question 
Hello all, been diving into the system a lot lately and well, so much to see and enjoy and the Freelancer keeps taunting me lately.

Jack of All Trades effectively has a 1/2 lvl limit on buying class abilities, but does this also apply to level upgrades? Or if I buy a Monk's Fast Movement at level 6 can I also buy the level 6 increase to it at the same time?

Buying an Animal Companion is apparently a purchase each level, but why do you pay for levels 7, 11, and 19 when there are no improvements on those levels?

Another point from Monk this time, is Ki Metabolism supposed to be "can hold her breath for up to 1 hour per point of Constitution." or was that a typo?

Now for the Warmech Engineer. Wearing your Battle Armor takes up your armor slot. Running off assumptions on how this fully functions. Depending on the Automaton plating is how I think you determine the "grade" (Light, Medium, Heavy) of armor for the purpose of feats and the like. Would Armored Rogue and Armor Training function with a Battle Armor to increase your Dex limit and decrease your ACP?

If I am right about the "grade" of armor, would it be reasonable to assume a Warmech is always proficient with their Battle Armor?

You only say what action it is to exit an inactive Battle Armor (Full Round), but not what it is to exit while it isn't damaged, nor what action to don it, I assume this is again based on the armor grade but am unsure.

I'll likely have more questions later, but right now these are the things bugging me.

Thanks for all your hard work on this fun system.
I've got a few to add to Rekmond's:

Chronodancer:
The Chronodaner's "Song of Temporal Disharmony" is kind of jumbled. Is it meant to be two separate powers "Song of Temporal Disharmony" and "concordance" or is "concordance" just a special term for the bonus attacks you get while using a "Song of Temporal Disharmony"?

Freelancer questions!
Similar question to the Fast Movement question: If a Freelancer takes a power like Arcane Pool at level 3, does it increase at 6/10/14/18 like normal, or 7/11/15/19 for starting a level late?

For clarification: Is a Beastmaster's Animal Companion a +10 JP/level or is it a flat 20 JP? 

Can you take one Fencer's Deed or do you need to take all of them?

If I take a power that just adds your level to a check is that a 20 JP, 10 JP, or 20+10/level JP cost? (I can't find a good example on your page but for example the Duelist's Canny Defense or Precise Strike)

According to This thread Sword Saint stamina is only 10 JP, does it give stamina for every level, even retroactively if picked up after 1st level?
(12-12-2018, 12:35 PM)Valdimarian Wrote: I've got a few to add to Rekmond's:

Chronodancer:
The Chronodaner's "Song of Temporal Disharmony" is kind of jumbled. Is it meant to be two separate powers "Song of Temporal Disharmony" and "concordance" or is "concordance" just a special term for the bonus attacks you get while using a "Song of Temporal Disharmony"?

Freelancer questions!
Similar question to the Fast Movement question: If a Freelancer takes a power like Arcane Pool at level 3, does it increase at 6/10/14/18 like normal, or 7/11/15/19 for starting a level late?

For clarification: Is a Beastmaster's Animal Companion a +10 JP/level or is it a flat 20 JP? 

Can you take one Fencer's Deed or do you need to take all of them?

If I take a power that just adds your level to a check is that a 20 JP, 10 JP, or 20+10/level JP cost? (I can't find a good example on your page but for example the Duelist's Canny Defense or Precise Strike)

According to This thread Sword Saint stamina is only 10 JP, does it give stamina for every level, even retroactively if picked up after 1st level?

Chronodancer: Concordance is just a special term like Flurry of Blows.

Freelancer:
Arcane Pool at 7/11/15/19 per your example.
Beastmaster Animal Companion is 20, then 10/level.
Fencer Deeds can be taken one at a time.
Level-adding check powers are just 10.
Stamina Pool doesn't add retroactively.

(12-12-2018, 12:17 PM)rekmond Wrote: Hello all, been diving into the system a lot lately and well, so much to see and enjoy and the Freelancer keeps taunting me lately.

Jack of All Trades effectively has a 1/2 lvl limit on buying class abilities, but does this also apply to level upgrades? Or if I buy a Monk's Fast Movement at level 6 can I also buy the level 6 increase to it at the same time?

Buying an Animal Companion is apparently a purchase each level, but why do you pay for levels 7, 11, and 19 when there are no improvements on those levels?

Another point from Monk this time, is Ki Metabolism supposed to be "can hold her breath for up to 1 hour per point of Constitution." or was that a typo?

Now for the Warmech Engineer. Wearing your Battle Armor takes up your armor slot. Running off assumptions on how this fully functions. Depending on the Automaton plating is how I think you determine the "grade" (Light, Medium, Heavy) of armor for the purpose of feats and the like. Would Armored Rogue and Armor Training function with a Battle Armor to increase your Dex limit and decrease your ACP?

If I am right about the "grade" of armor, would it be reasonable to assume a Warmech is always proficient with their Battle Armor?

You only say what action it is to exit an inactive Battle Armor (Full Round), but not what it is to exit while it isn't damaged, nor what action to don it, I assume this is again based on the armor grade but am unsure.

I'll likely have more questions later, but right now these are the things bugging me.

Thanks for all your hard work on this fun system.
Jack of All Trades: It applies to level upgrades too. 
Animal Companion: Easier to understand, plus Animal Companions are a very powerful ability.
Warmech Engineer: Yes and yes and yes. Standard action to don it.

(12-12-2018, 02:11 PM)Viladin Wrote: Level-adding check powers are just 10.

Thanks for the answers! I have a few follow up questions: 

Does the not adding retroactively apply to flat level things too? I'm thinking more like Martial Training or the aforementioned Canny Defense.

Does the Sword Saint's defensive Focus count against that level's bonus feat cap?

Does Jack of All Trades also affect things like Uses / Day or Stamina Pool?
How does Jack of All Trades interact with things like Black Mage casting? (only progresses every other level? Still get all the spells and MP but only get new Spell Levels every 4 levels instead of every 2?)

What's the cost of adding an Exotic weapon proficiency at level 1 instead of / in addition to the All Martial proficiency?
(12-12-2018, 03:33 PM)Valdimarian Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 02:11 PM)Viladin Wrote: Level-adding check powers are just 10.

Thanks for the answers! I have a few follow up questions: 

Does the not adding retroactively apply to flat level things too? I'm thinking more like Martial Training or the aforementioned Canny Defense.

Does the Sword Saint's defensive Focus count against that level's bonus feat cap?

Does Jack of All Trades also affect things like Uses / Day or Stamina Pool?
How does Jack of All Trades interact with things like Black Mage casting? (only progresses every other level? Still get all the spells and MP but only get new Spell Levels every 4 levels instead of every 2?)

What's the cost of adding an Exotic weapon proficiency at level 1 instead of / in addition to the All Martial proficiency?

1. Retroactively applies to flat level things.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. It progresses up to 10th level and stops. For example, if you took Black Mage spelllcasting at 4th level, it caps at 14th level.
5. Exotic WP counts as a feat, so 10 JP.

Here is another question. Is it possible to make Automaton Armor Plating (And thus Battle Armor) from special materials?

On that note, what about Judge Plate and Magitek Plate, are they available to be made with special materials?
(12-13-2018, 01:14 PM)rekmond Wrote: Here is another question. Is it possible to make Automaton Armor Plating (And thus Battle Armor) from special materials?

On that note, what about Judge Plate and Magitek Plate, are they available to be made with special materials?

Yes.
Yes and Yes.

(12-12-2018, 08:46 PM)Viladin Wrote: 1. Retroactively applies to flat level things.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. It progresses up to 10th level and stops. For example, if you took Black Mage spelllcasting at 4th level, it caps at 14th level.

Now that my brain's had time to percolate it my munchkin brain comes to the fore again: 

How does Jack of All Trades apply to single talent things that scale by level? Like the Martial Training or Canny Defense. 

How does it apply to things like a Ninja's Ki Blade talent (which I think is a single purchase AND scales automatically, win!) 

Or the Stamina Talents that scale automatically like Control (+1 to hit, +1 per 4 <strike>Sword Saint</strike> Freelancer(!?) levels). 

If I'm using Jack of All Trades and pick up Stamina from Sword Saint at level 1, can I pick it up from an archetype at level 11 to keep it going for another 10 levels, or does it stick with it for all 20?

((I probably won't use Jack of All Trades to avoid getting rule books thrown at my head, but Inquiring Minds Want To Know!))
Another from me on the special materials. Would DR/- from Adamantine stack with the DR 5/- from Battle Armor Upgrade 1?
(12-14-2018, 06:44 PM)Valdimarian Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 08:46 PM)Viladin Wrote: 1. Retroactively applies to flat level things.
2. No.
3. Yes.

Now that my brain's had time to percolate it my munchkin brain comes to the fore again: 

How does Jack of All Trades apply to single talent things that scale by level? Like the Martial Training or Canny Defense. 

How does it apply to things like a Ninja's Ki Blade talent (which I think is a single purchase AND scales automatically, win!) 

Or the Stamina Talents that scale automatically like Control (+1 to hit, +1 per 4 <strike>Sword Saint</strike> Freelancer(!?) levels). 

If I'm using Jack of All Trades and pick up Stamina from Sword Saint at level 1, can I pick it up from an archetype at level 11 to keep it going for another 10 levels, or does it stick with it for all 20?

((I probably won't use Jack of All Trades to avoid getting rule books thrown at my head, but Inquiring Minds Want To Know!))

1. Again, it stops after 10 levels have passed.
2. Same as above.
3. Same as #1.
4. No, you cannot pick up Stamina Pool again.
5. Adamantine stacks with Battle armor.