Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burmecian race
I wanted to make this race, Freya was one of my favorite characters in FF9,but i have no idea where to start. if anyone has any free time and would like to bounce idea's back and forth I would be thankful.
A bonus to jump checks would be the first place to start, I think.
lets start with the basics.
+2 to dex
Medium size
Low-Light Vision
40 ft land speed. {though if thats too good then 30ft, because every 10 feet over 30 gives plus 4 to jump.}
+4 to athletics {Now here is the thing, do we just say jump checks or all.}
+4 to acrobatics
Weapon Proficiency: pull-arms, Burmecian are always proficient.

now there is a base. how can we make this playable and fair?
(01-04-2013, 05:27 PM)luthercross Wrote: lets start with the basics.
+2 to dex
Medium size
Low-Light Vision
40 ft land speed. {though if thats too good then 30ft, because every 10 feet over 30 gives plus 4 to jump.}
+4 to athletics {Now here is the thing, do we just say jump checks or all.}
+4 to acrobatics
Weapon Proficiency: pull-arms, Burmecian are always proficient.

now there is a base. how can we make this playable and fair?

Just a few points:
  • I'd keep the land speed at 30ft.
  • When it comes to combination skills, you can apply specific bonuses to that skill. For example, a bonus to Athletics when Jumping.
  • I don't why they get acrobatics. They didn't seem any more agile than humans.
  • As for weapons, I think you Spears/Lances fit the bill a tad better and are different from pole-arms. Honestly, I'd give them a free Weapon Focus, as those weapons typically fall under Simple or Martial weapons, both of which would be given by going into a Dragoon class (an obvious choice).
It should be +2 Athletics, no Acrobatics, and I wouldn't give them weapon proficiencies. The longspear is a simple weapon, and the dragoon has access to the lance. A +2 to another Ability Score would also be in order, though I'm not sure what. Maybe +2 Dex, +2 Con.
(01-04-2013, 07:57 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: It should be +2 Athletics, no Acrobatics, and I wouldn't give them weapon proficiencies. The longspear is a simple weapon, and the dragoon has access to the lance. A +2 to another Ability Score would also be in order, though I'm not sure what. Maybe +2 Dex, +2 Con.

I think Strength is another ability score to consider. I never saw the Burmecians as being particularly durable. Granted, Freya is the only one you really know anything about.
(01-04-2013, 08:41 PM)ZeronosVega Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 07:57 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: It should be +2 Athletics, no Acrobatics, and I wouldn't give them weapon proficiencies. The longspear is a simple weapon, and the dragoon has access to the lance. A +2 to another Ability Score would also be in order, though I'm not sure what. Maybe +2 Dex, +2 Con.

I think Strength is another ability score to consider. I never saw the Burmecians as being particularly durable. Granted, Freya is the only one you really know anything about.

i was thinking along the lines of +2 Wis and -2 Cha
and maybe some kind of resistance to cold or water, since it's always raining.
Then we'd need a Heritage package for the Cleyrans too :/