Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freelancer Clarification
Sorry if it's explained somewhere else or if this is the wrong place to put this (It's my first time using the wiki), but I need some clarification on the freelancer class.

Whenever a feature improves with leveling, you pay half of its price. Does gaining extra uses count as improving? For instance, if I bought a stamina pool, would I have to spend 20 to buy it followed by an additional 10 each level?
(09-22-2018, 06:56 PM)pbtenchi Wrote: Sorry if it's explained somewhere else or if this is the wrong place to put this (It's my first time using the wiki), but I need some clarification on the freelancer class.

Whenever a feature improves with leveling, you pay half of its price. Does gaining extra uses count as improving? For instance, if I bought a stamina pool, would I have to spend 20 to buy it followed by an additional 10 each level?
Uses per day doesn't count. Only actual improvements

(09-22-2018, 07:12 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 06:56 PM)pbtenchi Wrote: Sorry if it's explained somewhere else or if this is the wrong place to put this (It's my first time using the wiki), but I need some clarification on the freelancer class.

Uses per day doesn't count. Only actual improvements

Thank you!
I would like to tack a question onto this thread, about freelancer armor proficiency purchases, which also apply to weapon, BAB and saves. So my question is that should one purchase heavy armor proficiency the total for that would be 12 jp? Based on the fact that it is worded "costs another 6 jp" which stacks with the 4 for medium and 2 for light. Is this correct? Also is Defensive focus 20jp from sword saint class, then 10 jp later when it gains the ability to make threatened area difficult terrain?
(01-08-2019, 12:25 AM)Resgrath Wrote: I would like to tack a question onto this thread, about freelancer armor proficiency purchases, which also apply to weapon, BAB and saves. So my question is that should one purchase heavy armor proficiency the total for that would be 12 jp? Based on the fact that it is worded "costs another 6 jp" which stacks with the 4 for medium and 2 for light. Is this correct? Also is Defensive focus 20jp from sword saint class, then 10 jp later when it gains the ability to make threatened area difficult terrain?

Yes and yes.

So my question is do i pay 20 for the initial abbysal arts and talents (sword saint or knight) or 10 points. i understand for things like armored defense or sneak attack but not 100% on those types of abilities.
(06-07-2019, 06:25 PM)zericblackvein Wrote: So my question is do i pay 20 for the initial abbysal arts and talents (sword saint or knight) or 10 points. i understand for things like armored defense or sneak attack but not 100% on those types of abilities.

10 JP unless the individual abyssal art or talent has an upgrade, then its 20 JP and 10 JP per upgrade.