Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragoons and Pounce
One would think that I've already learned enough about the rules to have this figured out, but just for clarity's sake, I need to know if, should a Dragoon somehow get the Pounce ability (full attack on a charge), they apply Deadly Lancer damage to all the attacks as long as the prerequisites that trigger Deadly Lancer have come into effect, since all the attacks are made with a single jump. If they aren't, you should probably clarify that in the ability's entry with something like "Should the dragoon be able to make more than one attack at the end of the jump, the extra damage from this ability only applies to the first attack." To me, it seems fair enough to allow it, since Thieves get all those extra d6s on every sneak attack, which can get a potential +70d6 (three attacks from BAB, one from haste or the speed enchantment, and another three at max for Greater Two-Weapon Fighting) in total for a full attack from them. Even a Dragoon isn't getting that many attacks, not with how they're all using polearms and spears. However, this is still your project, so it's your final word on it.
Only on the first attack, regardless of pounce.

Though, I can't imagine how you would obtain Pounce legally without gestalt.

There are a couple of ways, but the easiest is to get this little guy right here. There's also Beastmaster 12 (get Greater Beast Totem), and taking so much as a single level in Dragoon nets you Jump and Deadly Lancer (and as long as you can still jump stupidly far, regardless of whether you only have 1d6 from Deadly Lancer or all 7d6 somehow, then you'll still keep racking up more dice for every ten feet beyond 10 that you jump). And though I haven't explored it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a way for Freelancers to get it.

Then again, this is all kind of a moot point now that the judgement's been made.