Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions regarding Craft Alchemical Item and
I was looking at the Craft Alchemical Item feat and I had a few things I was confused about.

1. It says that you can set the caster level of the item at the time that you create it. Does this modify the effects of the item (for example, an Artic Wind at CL 10 would do 3d6+10 damage instead of 3d6+5) or does it just increase the save DC and presumably difficulty of dispeling the item?

2. If you choose to increase the caster level above the minimum requirement then how is the price influenced?

3. What requirements, if any, can be dropped in exchange for a +5 to the craft DC? I'm not sure if this really fits into any of the default categories of Pathfinder magic items other than possibly use-activated.

4. This is more of a general alchemical item question - how exactly are the 'contact' items activated? Me and my friends assumed that you could activate them with a touch attack (melee or ranged, depending on whether or not you decide to throw it) but it'd be nice to know for sure.
(07-29-2018, 07:28 PM)DTraveler Wrote: I was looking at the Craft Alchemical Item feat and I had a few things I was confused about.

1. It says that you can set the caster level of the item at the time that you create it. Does this modify the effects of the item (for example, an Artic Wind at CL 10 would do 3d6+10 damage instead of 3d6+5) or does it just increase the save DC and presumably difficulty of dispeling the item?

2. If you choose to increase the caster level above the minimum requirement then how is the price influenced?

3. What requirements, if any, can be dropped in exchange for a +5 to the craft DC? I'm not sure if this really fits into any of the default categories of Pathfinder magic items other than possibly use-activated.

4. This is more of a general alchemical item question - how exactly are the 'contact' items activated? Me and my friends assumed that you could activate them with a touch attack (melee or ranged, depending on whether or not you decide to throw it) but it'd be nice to know for sure.

1. All of the above (effects, save DC, and difficulty to dispel)
2. 25 gil x spell level x caster level.
3. There isn't.
4. Touch, melee or ranged.