Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magitek Operator Archetype clarification
Hello all,

I'm new to the site. My crew has just started using the FF rule set for a game that we're playing. I'm looking to go into the Magitek Operator archetype with this character. I'm trying to check a clarification, though. I haven't seen it answered on the site elsewhere that I was able to find. With the power armor rules, if my character has a higher Str or Dex than that of the power armor, do I use the stats for the character or the armor? 

So, a humanoid power armor has Str 17 and Dex 14 for it's stats. If my character has a 14 Str and a 18 Dex, would he use the power armor str of 17 and keep the dex of 18? or would his dex be reduced to 14 for using the armor?

Any insight on this would be appreciated. 

Thank you,
Joker
(07-13-2018, 12:28 AM)Vile_Joker Wrote: Hello all,

I'm new to the site. My crew has just started using the FF rule set for a game that we're playing. I'm looking to go into the Magitek Operator archetype with this character. I'm trying to check a clarification, though. I haven't seen it answered on the site elsewhere that I was able to find. With the power armor rules, if my character has a higher Str or Dex than that of the power armor, do I use the stats for the character or the armor? 

So, a humanoid power armor has Str 17 and Dex 14 for it's stats. If my character has a 14 Str and a 18 Dex, would he use the power armor str of 17 and keep the dex of 18? or would his dex be reduced to 14 for using the armor?

Any insight on this would be appreciated. 

Thank you,
Joker

[color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif] The magitek operator uses the automaton’s Strength and Dexterity scores, but retains his own mental ability scores and Constitution.[/font][/color]

I thought I was reading it right, but I was kind of thrown off b the write up for the armor plating and the description of the dex max for each set. One other thing in the automaton section it states:

"[color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]HD:[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif] This is the total number of 10 sided die (d10) Hit Dice the Automaton possesses. No Constitution modifier is applied to the Automaton’s hit points. The Automaton gets bonus hit points depending on its size: [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]Medium[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif] 20 HP, [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]Large[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif] 30 HP, [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]Huge[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif] 40 HP."[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]Are these hit points on top of the 2d10 at first level that the automaton usually get? So if it's a large suit of power armor, it would receive 30HP + 2D10 HP for temp hit points for the engineer/operator?[/font][/color]
(07-13-2018, 10:59 PM)Vile_Joker Wrote: I thought I was reading it right, but I was kind of thrown off b the write up for the armor plating and the description of the dex max for each set. One other thing in the automaton section it states:

"[color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]HD:[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif] This is the total number of 10 sided die (d10) Hit Dice the Automaton possesses. No Constitution modifier is applied to the Automaton’s hit points. The Automaton gets bonus hit points depending on its size: [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]Medium[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif] 20 HP, [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]Large[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif] 30 HP, [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]Huge[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif] 40 HP."[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Varela, Arial, sans-serif]Are these hit points on top of the 2d10 at first level that the automaton usually get? So if it's a large suit of power armor, it would receive 30HP + 2D10 HP for temp hit points for the engineer/operator?[/font][/color]

Yes.

Ok. That works. Thank you very much. One last question that I wanted to check. With the power armor, is the wearer limited to one attack per round as with the automiton BAB progression, even after it reaches +6 or more? Or would it still split for multiple attacks?
(07-24-2018, 08:13 PM)Vile_Joker Wrote: Ok. That works.  Thank you very much.  One last question that I wanted to check. With the power armor, is the wearer limited to one attack per round as with the automiton BAB progression, even after it reaches +6 or more? Or would it still split for multiple attacks?

Still split for multiple attacks.

Awesome. Thank you!