Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initiator archetypes
(04-20-2016, 04:07 PM)Viladin Wrote: I like them all.

Like, you don't even know how much that tickles me inside. Are there any that you'd consider putting in your next update? I still have at least a few more to go (Monk, Black Belt, Sword Saint, Dragoon, as well as a couple others I'm forgetting).

Also, I just 'finished' the Wartime Artist as well. I already had a pretty good concept of what I wanted, and while I got it down roughly, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot of fat to trim off of it. I was aiming for them to be the best with maneuvers, but still be mundane. Something like a Warblade 2.0, almost completely without magical ability (the Limit Breaks are still supernatural abilities), and yet still able to rip entire armies to shreds on their own. I'd definitely like some feedback on that one.
(04-20-2016, 07:03 PM)Manly Man Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 04:07 PM)Viladin Wrote: I like them all.

Like, you don't even know how much that tickles me inside. Are there any that you'd consider putting in your next update? I still have at least a few more to go (Monk, Black Belt, Sword Saint, Dragoon, as well as a couple others I'm forgetting).

Also, I just 'finished' the Wartime Artist as well. I already had a pretty good concept of what I wanted, and while I got it down roughly, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot of fat to trim off of it. I was aiming for them to be the best with maneuvers, but still be mundane. Something like a Warblade 2.0, almost completely without magical ability (the Limit Breaks are still supernatural abilities), and yet still able to rip entire armies to shreds on their own. I'd definitely like some feedback on that one.

Probably all of them.
(04-21-2016, 07:43 AM)Viladin Wrote: Probably all of them.

:3

And so, getting back to work, I'm wondering whether you guys think that the Pínghéng de Zhànshì should be Wisdom-based or Charisma-based. The Sword Saint seems to jump back and forth between those two an awful lot, and while the Swordplay feature seems to be Charisma-based, the idea I have for the class is a sort of yin-yang schtick, similar to how the Sword Saint is a mish-mash of both Dark and Holy Knights. Personally, I'm leaning more towards Wisdom, because a lot of the class' features are going to involve self-reflection and a sense of balance between the darkness and light within oneself. Thoughts?
Sword Saint has been changed. Minor overhaul.
Suppose I'll wait on that then. Gives me an excuse to do some of the other archetypes I had in mind anyway.
Getting started on the Enlightened Warrior (I'll wait until it's a little further on than it is right now before linking it), a Monk archetype that's going to have a psionic feel to it similar to the Genji Clansman, but less about whacking things really hard and more about battlefield control. The Martial Master (Black Belt archetype) is going to be about punching a lot, punching hard, and basically going nova with your fists by using lots of maneuvers at once. I'm thinking about an Archer archetype as well, one that would focus on doing a bunch of ranged elemental damage.

Also, I'd love to get some concrit on the other archetypes I've finished. Vil may like the lot of them, but as I've said, the more input, the better things will turn out. For example, the Wartime Artist's Limit Breaks are crazy powerful, and they also get a LOT of maneuvers, so I'm wondering how much I should tone it down. For example!

"You Fight with the Strength of Many Men (Su): This limit break allows the wartime artist to initiate one strike maneuver as a swift action per round and initiate boosts, counters, and stances as free actions, for 1 + 1 round for every four levels of wartime artist. Also, all maneuvers and stances that grant additional damage treat the dice of this damage as though all random numerical effects of the maneuvers were rolled at their maximum (all d6s are 6, all d3s are 3, etcetera). All maneuvers used are expended as normal. This limit break requires only a swift action to activate.

Path of War (Su): This limit break allows the wartime artist to initiate any maneuvers he knows, readied or otherwise, without expending them. Also, he gains a +1 competence bonus for every four levels of wartime artist (minimum 1) on any rolls used to confirm a hit when initiating these maneuvers (including those that replace attack rolls with skill checks), and any maneuvers that grant dice of damage increase that number by half (rounded down), e.g. a strike that deals +6d6 damage or a boost that adds +3d6 damage become +9d6 and +4d6 respectively. These effects last for 1 + 1 round for every four levels of wartime artist. This limit break requires only a swift action to activate.

These replace the Mighty Strikes and Omnistrike limit breaks."

So they basically get to choose between free Quickened/Maximized maneuvers, or Empowered maneuvers with a bit of a boost that don't get expended. Yeah, they're very powerful abilities, but at least they're Limit Breaks, which are supposed to be a sort of desperation mode anyway.
Y'know, speaking of Quickened/Maximized/Empowered maneuvers, what say you to the idea of making metamagic-esque feats for maneuvers? I'm thinking to divide them between metastrike, metaboost, and metacounter feats, and give each one a drawback to use them. All of the feats also make the maneuver unable to be recovered for the rest of the encounter as well.

Metastrike feats- attack roll penalty
Metaboost feats- nonlethal damage
Metacounter feats- AC penalty
Rebooting, got all the archetypes from before the accidental wipe back up, and I'm just as eager for input now as I was then.
So, a question for you lot: do you think I should rework the Genji Clansman into a Samurai archetype? It already has a vaguely Samurai-esque feel to it.
Y'all didn't think I forgot about this li'l ol' project, didja? Got a new archetype up, this time for the Dancer, called the Quicksilver Coryphee.
Another new archetype is up as well, the Reaversworn; I'm pretty sure that NeloAngelo will love it.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Dreamscarred Press has errata for Path of War now!
Hiya just gonna leave this here for anyone trying to play a primalist but can't find the chimera soul discipline.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...d-KW3xHBYb