Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mighty Blow and Sword Saint abilities
So for Mighty Blow it says "double weapon damage + STR mod". Is this calculated similar to vital strike in that only the weapon damage itself is doubled or is strength added into the calculation. Likewise my second question is when a Sword Saint swordplay ability says "Melee attack+charisma mod" does the melee portion of this include their strength bonus? I realized I put this in the wrong thread so deleted the previous one and moved it into the proper section. sorry for any inconveniences.
(03-09-2018, 09:19 PM)Resgrath Wrote: So for Mighty Blow it says "double weapon damage + STR mod". Is this calculated similar to vital strike in that only the weapon damage itself is doubled or is strength added into the calculation. Likewise my second question is when a Sword Saint swordplay ability says "Melee attack+charisma mod" does the melee portion of this include their strength bonus? I realized I put this in the wrong thread so deleted the previous one and moved it into the proper section. sorry for any inconveniences.

1. Only the weapon itself is doubled.

2. Strength bonus is not included.
(03-10-2018, 07:10 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 09:19 PM)Resgrath Wrote: So for Mighty Blow it says "double weapon damage + STR mod". Is this calculated similar to vital strike in that only the weapon damage itself is doubled or is strength added into the calculation. Likewise my second question is when a Sword Saint swordplay ability says "Melee attack+charisma mod" does the melee portion of this include their strength bonus? I realized I put this in the wrong thread so deleted the previous one and moved it into the proper section. sorry for any inconveniences.

Thank you, running 2 campaigns using the FFd20 stuff and have been loving it. Had a small debate with a few of my players about this and they used the way the spells get bonuses as a counter point to how these worked. Keep up the good work!
(03-10-2018, 12:30 PM)Resgrath Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 07:10 AM)Viladin Wrote:

Thank you, running 2 campaigns using the FFd20 stuff and have been loving it. Had a small debate with a few of my players about this and they used the way the spells get bonuses as a counter point to how these worked. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Smile
One more question on this in regards to practiced skill class ability, the choice of adding your charisma modifier to damage rolls only applies to ones that do not already add charisma modifier to damage or is it added again? And would this additional damage be added to the continual damage portion on Lingering Edge?
(03-16-2018, 02:26 PM)Resgrath Wrote: One more question on this in regards to practiced skill class ability, the choice of adding your charisma modifier to damage rolls only applies to ones that do not already add charisma modifier to damage or is it added again? And would this additional damage be added to the continual damage portion on Lingering Edge?

Added again.

And no. Just the initial damage.
Thank you again.
I am wondering what is the default damage type of the sword saint's swordplay abilities? are they similar to their holy knight/dark knight counterparts or are they non-elemental or even physical damage? this question coming from the fact that the Shield Defense talent in the sword and shield tree reduces physical damage dealt by half.
(03-27-2018, 08:59 PM)Resgrath Wrote: I am wondering what is the default damage type of the sword saint's swordplay abilities? are they similar to their holy knight/dark knight counterparts or are they non-elemental or even physical damage? this question coming from the fact that the Shield Defense talent in the sword and shield tree reduces physical damage dealt by half.

Physical damage unless it states otherwise.
Thanks, one of my groups went full tilt evil so i was making a 5 member good aligned group of adventurers one being a sword and shield style sword saint and this is a determining factor in that.
Another question, I apologize for the number of questions I have on this particular class, I noticed that the adamant talent's DR and elemental resist says it stacks with any other source and I know that usually DR and resist does not stack so for clarity does the DR granted by sword saint sustained modes stack? Example being does the DR of battle synergy, raise the guard(giving DR to turn the blade), shield defense, and the active ability stonewall stack together?
No. Only Adamant stacks.