Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Righteous Wrath (Berserker ability)
I was a big fan of a lot of the Book of Exalted Deeds stuff from back in 3.5, and making a Friendly Berserker was always one of my favorite builds. Because of that, I figure that this should be an option for the Berserker archetype, so as to make them more compatible as a PC.

Righteous Wrath (Ex): Though rare, there are heroic berserkers who utilize their fury to further their desire to do what is good and just. When entering a frenzy, the berserker's sense of goodness overcomes the mindless desire for death and destruction, allowing them to discern friend from foe, and refuse to attack those they perceive as allies while in a frenzy. They are also able to willingly deal nonlethal damage, show mercy by ceasing their attacks, and willingly fail saving throws and suppress spell resistance from spells or other abilities used upon them by allies. Prerequisite: Any good alignment; shifting to a nongood alignment removes this ability, replacing it with another berserk or rage power, and you may never select it again, even if you return to a good alignment.

Thoughts?
I like it. I'll steal it!