Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing some PrCs to run off Mythic rules
I'm considering General, Judge Magister, Kingsglaive, Lucian Knight, Magitek Pilot, SeeD Operative, Turk, and the Magisters (names will be changed to Black/Blue/Red/White Wizard; needs to expand Black and White Wizards to 10th level, make Blue Wizard study based, and make replacement abilities for spellcasting).
<>Ever on the Hunt for the Ultimate<>
<>D20 Class Change System<>
The usual requirements will be replaced with needing an invitation from the appropriate party to get in (an emperor for General, a ruling house for Judge Magisters, a king for Kingsglaive, a Lucian king for Lucian Knight, Cid or another engineer for Magitek Pilot, Balamb Garden for SeeD Operative, a Turk for Turk, and a master(10th level) wizard for the Wizard of the same type), with the requirements improving your chances of getting invited.

Any suggestions?
My advice would be to consolidate the magisters. If you look at archmage, it has some generic casting buffs as well as some more class/style specific ones.
Angry Grammar dark knights are always watching Angry
I've come up with the following:

All Wizards: extra MP equal to tier (+1 MP at 1st, an additional +2 MP at 2nd, etc.). Replaces spellcasting progression.

White Wizard: gains the effects of Light Arts(as the Scholar ability, but without the Dark Arts penalties) constantly at 1st tier and improves at every odd tier after 1st. Gains abilities from Diamond Magister at each even tier.

Black Wizard: gains the effects of Dark Arts(as the Scholar ability, but without the Light Arts penalties) constantly at 1st tier and improves at every odd tier after 1st. Gains abilities from Onyx Magister at each even tier.

Red Wizard: as Ruby Magister

Blue Wizard: still a WIP... Suggestions are welcome.
I should probably add that these PrC/Paths lose their Hit Dice, BAB, Saves, and skill ranks, and runs off of major assignments completed for the organization, not experience.
Maybe I could pull abilities from the Survivalist to make the Blue Wizard. Thoughts?
So turning PRC's into something like mythic paths that PC's progress through alongside leveling instead of via multiclass?...I don't hate that idea...it could possibly be used for classless games.
Honestly mythic is a dangerous. As is, it is rocket tag. Damage scales faster than hp and attack rolls get absurd. Even resistances become nothing. I like the idea but the execution was bad. This is why my go to for mythic homebrew gives less MP, more HP, and increases the difference in fragility between casters and tank while still allowing everything to take a hit or 2. This makes combat feel meaningful. That said, it shafts evokes so yeah...more work to be done
I just don't find it reasonable to spend a week on an uninhabited island thousands of miles outside your king's domain, spanking monsters that are completely unknown to mankind, and then gain a level of Kingsglaive for the whole trip, hence the proposal for using Mythic progression for such PrCs.

Putting this project on back burner until I'm done with a larger project of mine to make Dragon-themed archetypes for martials. I'm currently working on Dragonheart for Fighter.
I decided that if I go through with moving some of the prestige classes to mythic rules, they won't provide Hit Die, saves, skill ranks (still provides class skills), mythic path abilities (or baseline mythic abilities for that matter), or feats gained through mythic itself. It will keep ability score increases.
It will strictly be a measure of your alliance and standing with a single group, nation, or faction.
3.5 has a similar mechanic to that
Funny, I can't find the rules for that.
There is a favor mechanic in various books that works a bit like leadership. The basics of it is: These deeds increase favor, these deeds decrease it. At certain benchmarks you get bonuses.