Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirage Keepers and their Mirages
So, I understand that the mirages are supposed to scale in growth with the Mirage Keeper by going off of the avatar growth chart on the main Summoner page (except when the miarge is a npc). My question is how does that scale for not CR 1 monsters? Like, let's say a level 10 Mirage Keeper captures a Malboro.
1) Does the miarge malboro gain the stat bonuses of what a level 10 avatar would get?
2) Would it begin growing on that table from level one since it was just captured?
3) Or am I completely wrong and there is something I'm missing that makes that kind of thing easier to decipher.
(11-10-2017, 02:43 AM)Freeray Wrote: So, I understand that the mirages are supposed to scale in growth with the Mirage Keeper by going off of the avatar growth chart on the main Summoner page (except when the miarge is a npc). My question is how does that scale for not CR 1 monsters? Like, let's say a level 10 Mirage Keeper captures a Malboro.
1) Does the miarge malboro gain the stat bonuses of what a level 10 avatar would get?
2) Would it begin growing on that table from level one since it was just captured?
3) Or am I completely wrong and there is something I'm missing that makes that kind of thing easier to decipher.

The mirage creature retains any and all abilities and feats it currently has, but its normal stat block changes based on the summoner’s level (see the summoner’s avatar table to determine the changes made to the mirages captured). Upon capturing a mirage, the summoner must also choose its size category, choosing between: Small, Medium or Large. This will affect how the mirage keeper can form a stack with his mirages. Any and all summoner abilities that pertain to the summoner’s "avatar", affects all his mirages in the manner.

If a level 10 Mirage keeper captures a Malboro it will keep its abilities and Feats. Then you would reset its HP based on the HD an avatar would have on the table so this would be 8HD for level 10, meaning its hitpoints would be 8d8(plus con) instead of its normal 12d8. He would keep his normal attributes since those aren't effected by the avatar increase but they would increase via ability score increase. His BAB would change and his saves would change to the table.

The Malboro would then gain Feats on top of those he already has. (I may have this changed)  and lastly his natural armor would change to the noted armor bonus. (+4)
Then you choose its size! I hope you go for cute plushie size that sits on your head.

So you get a malbro thats a bit more customizable but slightly weaker in other aspects.
That answers that very neatly. I very much appreciate that clear up and that is exactly what I needed to know. It may be necessary to put an example there for others to go off of or getting that explained in a more clear-cut way., cause I could easily see someone trying to say that in that scenario the malboro just had all of those things added to the base instead some of them getting replaced.
(11-11-2017, 05:44 PM)Freeray Wrote: That answers that very neatly. I very much appreciate that clear up and that is exactly what I needed to know. It may be necessary to put an example there for others to go off of or getting that explained in a more clear-cut way., cause I could easily see someone trying to say that in that scenario the malboro just had all of those things added to the base instead some of them getting replaced.

Ill let vil know and send him changes for it for next update Smile
While we are on the subject of mirages, do the creatures stats change due to its size change? Also what can and can't you capture? At first I thought it was any monster, but then it gets the ability to capture constructs, which would suggest it couldn't befor. Can you capture any living creature? What about undead or incoporial creatures?
(11-15-2017, 05:35 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: While we are on the subject of mirages, do the creatures stats change due to its size change? Also what can and can't you capture? At first I thought it was any monster, but then it gets the ability to capture constructs, which would suggest it couldn't befor. Can you capture any living creature? What about undead or incoporial creatures?

1. Any type of Size change changes stats of a creature.
2."To gain more mirages, he must find and capture creatures able to be imprisoned (at GM’s discretion)"
For the Eldbox ability it was made with constructs needing to be piloted in mind. I'll have to fix the error with the Eldbox there but otherwise anything living goes besides people (until later), but still up to the GM.
So, for clarification, no constructs until eldbox, and no undead?
(11-16-2017, 05:24 AM)timtheenchanter Wrote: So, for clarification, no constructs until eldbox, and no undead?

Both are fine. Constructs if they have a way to work by themselves. When you get eldbox you can grab constructs that must be piloted.