Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoner Avatars
I was just looking for a little insight into a couple of the design decisions for the Avatars. 

My first question was about the odd ability distribution between the different avatars. Bahamut, for instance, has 6 more ability points given to him compared to Diablos. Is there a balance reason for this I'm not seeing?

Second question, and it's somewhat related to the first, is about the 7th level ability score changes. Why do the avatars almost unanimously get hit with a -2 to DEX? I can't speak for all the avatars, but Diablos has a few ranged touch attacks and this change feels wrong. 

Thank you in advance.
(09-26-2017, 05:13 PM)Keonsaar Wrote: I was just looking for a little insight into a couple of the design decisions for the Avatars. 

My first question was about the odd ability distribution between the different avatars. Bahamut, for instance, has 6 more ability points given to him compared to Diablos. Is there a balance reason for this I'm not seeing?

Second question, and it's somewhat related to the first, is about the 7th level ability score changes. Why do the avatars almost unanimously get hit with a -2 to DEX? I can't speak for all the avatars, but Diablos has a few ranged touch attacks and this change feels wrong. 

Thank you in advance.

They're being reworked, soon.
(09-26-2017, 08:30 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 05:13 PM)Keonsaar Wrote: I was just looking for a little insight into a couple of the design decisions for the Avatars. 

Thank you in advance.

Oh? Any chance at seeing a preview of some of the changes in mind?
(09-26-2017, 08:51 PM)Keonsaar Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 08:30 PM)Viladin Wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Oh? Any chance at seeing a preview of some of the changes in mind?

Just an overhaul of the abilities for Summons, and new Summons as well. Nothing to preview though.
Just found that I have another question that is related to the avatars, so I hope it's ok to ask here rather than opening a new thread...

Does the feat "Paragon Summons" apply to your Avatar regardless on how it got summoned? (Ritual vs 2nd Lvl Spell)? 

For reference, here's what the feat says:

Paragon Summons (Ex): At 15th level, three times per day, the summoner can take the maximum for all hit dice of a single creature summoned when determining starting hit points. At 17th level and 19th level, the summoner can use this ability one additional time per day.
No, only the Summon Monster spells.
(10-31-2017, 02:58 AM)Viladin Wrote: No, only the Summon Monster spells.

I figured that was the intention, but just wanted to make sure. 

Thank you  Big Grin