Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Enchanted Stuff
My friends have convinced me to post my creations for ffd20. Any criticisms are welcome as they are meant to be treated as if they were legitimate additions.

I'm not too sure about how I'm going to go about this, so I'll just share my Docs for now.

Materia Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VT1F...sp=sharing

Summon Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cbYi...sp=sharing

Item Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mjJL...sp=sharing

Spell Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R2yj...sp=sharing

Class Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qAmR...sp=sharing

Bestiary
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LCMr...sp=sharing
-UPDATE-

I have added the Bestiary. Its got a lot of, "works in progress-es," most of which I just need to move over to the Doc.

Also, I don't think I'll post updates every time I do any little thing, I'm not even sure I'll post update posts at all. I'm new to most of this, so I have no idea about what to do for this thread.
I'm curious to see your display on the bestiary later on. I wanted to compare some of your white mage spells with my. I was curious on your level selection for some of your spells.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
My level selection for spells is based on other existing spells, mostly.

Remove Blindness and Deafness is Level 3 in Pathfinder, so I figure Blindna and Vox should be level 2

Cross IS Remove Curse, so level 3 makes sense.

Poisona and Cleanse are a little bit of a change, as, in Pathfinder, Neutralize Poison is actually a higher level spell than remove disease, but given the poison and disease status effects in FFD20, I feel they should be reversed.

Stona was one of the big issues I had as Stone to Flesh is a 6th level Pathfinder spell, AND the effected target must make a fort save or DIE from it. Maybe its because its more common a thing in FFD20, but I don't feel Stona should be higher than 4th level, especially since Statue is also 4th level spell.

Most of the elemental spells like Abyss, Bolt, Break, Deluge, Glacier and Tornado are elemental variants of other spells, like Holy (or Shine as I call it in my spells) for Abyss, and Flare for the others.
-UPDATE-

I have realized that the bestiary is going to need some serious work, so it will be under a lot of work for now.

Also, Class Rules has been added. This is where I put changes to classes I feel are necessary, as well as my take on what certain abilities and combinations that I feel are less than crystal clear on how they work. It is also where I will post my classes and archetypes, if I ever make any (I probably won't).
(09-23-2017, 07:51 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: My level selection for spells is based on other existing spells, mostly.

Remove Blindness and Deafness is Level 3 in Pathfinder, so I figure Blindna and Vox should be level 2

Cross IS Remove Curse, so level 3 makes sense.

Poisona and Cleanse are a little bit of a change, as, in Pathfinder, Neutralize Poison is actually a higher level spell than remove disease, but given the poison and disease status effects in FFD20, I feel they should be reversed.

Stona was one of the big issues I had as Stone to Flesh is a 6th level Pathfinder spell, AND the effected target must make a fort save or DIE from it. Maybe its because its more common a thing in FFD20, but I don't feel Stona should be higher than 4th level, especially since Statue is also 4th level spell.

Most of the elemental spells like Abyss, Bolt, Break, Deluge, Glacier and Tornado are elemental variants of other spells, like Holy (or Shine as I call it in my spells) for Abyss, and Flare for the others.

Alright, sorry for the really long reply. I made some adjustments to some of my white mage spells. Mainly the names of some of them. I didn't even noticed they had different names for some of the na spells, lol...
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
/thumbs up.
I am currently in the process of updating limit breaks, as some feel out of balance. To me, limit breaks are supposed to be an end all ability that has the power to turn a near loss into a solid victory, and, while many limit breaks feel like just that, others are overshadowed by normal actions in many cases. most of which are the damaging limit breaks, so those may be the ones that see the most changes.
-UPDATE-

some limit breaks have been changed (I plan to do more) and I started updating prices for the alchemical items to balance them, most were out of balance with what they did, so I have calculated prices accordingly. I also changed some spell levels around.

I intend to handle magic items next.
-UPDATE-

More spell changes, mostly for summoner.
So, It would seem that FFd20 is going in a direction that me and many of my friends find unfortunate, and as such, my alternates feel like they are going to eventually become a system in and of itself, which feels weird to me.
Less an update than the heads up that I'm in the processes of one.

I've taken a notice of Vils dislike of the summoner, and looking it over myself, I can see some issues to. Its too much like the summoner from pathfinder, but they are definitely different classes. I am in the process of making my own version of it, as well as revamping the summoner spells and the eidolons.
-UPDATE-

The Summoner has received a massive overhaul, and his spells and Eidolons are next.

I have also made some in depth changes to the invoker archetype.

As well as... A NEW BASE CLASS!!!
The Pact Maker is the other half of the Summoner which has been bisected by my changes to the original class.
-UPDATE-

My first prestige class overhaul, the Kingsglaive, has been finished.