Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minerva Bustier
Seeing as this is a staple item throughout the FF franchise, I'm quite surprised that one hasn't been made yet. I'll have a go at it; another idea would be to make it into a set of gear, not unlike the Genji equipment (which I should also probably do, since it's also not anywhere on this site).

Minerva Bustier: Throughout the ages, there have always been those who search for ways to blend swords and magic. Red Mages first and foremost, but there have been others, such as knights who practice white magic, or black mages who wield an axe in one hand and a blast of fire in the other. To achieve the greatest power that such a mixing of talents might offer, there was a creation designed by a warrior-witch made to bolster both her fighting capabilities and her magical prowess. Dubbing it the Minerva, after the creator's patron deity, the effectiveness of it became quite famous, and so was used as a template for many more. Today, these garments prove quite helpful to those who combine strength of arm and mind.

A Minerva bustier takes the body slot and offers the following benefits:
  • +6 armor bonus to AC.
  • A +2 enhancement bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution.
  • A +2 enhancement bonus to one mental ability score, chosen upon the item's creation.
  • Spell resistance 21.
  • A +4 resistance bonus to all saving throws.
  • Resist 10 to all elements.
  • +3 enhancement bonus to caster level (up to your total Hit Dice) for determining spell effects and duration, and for overcoming spell resistance.
However, there are two conditions that must be met for one of these to function properly. First, the wearer must be female. Second, at least half of the wearer's Hit Dice (rounded down) must be caster levels. Failure to meet either of these burdens the wearer with two permanent negative levels, and failure to meet both grants four negative levels. No method of restoration can remove these negative levels, but removing the bustier itself removes the negative levels immediately.

Price: 150,000 gil

Construction:
Requirements: Craft Wondrous Item, dwarf's endurance, galka's strength, greater dispelmage armor, mithra's grace, protection from elementselvaan's splendor or moogle's wisdom or tarutaru's cunning, creator must be female; Cost: 75,000 gil
I like it, I use to combo this with the Force Shield. ;D
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.