Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clerics and weapon of god
Hi everyone.

I'm going to launch a new FFD20 campaign but I need to be prepared if someone would use the pathfinder system of clerics with the concept of weapon of the god. I'll give you an example.

In Golarion (Pathfinder universe), Sarenrae (godess of sun) weapon of  choice is scimitar.

I would like to use this concept for my future campaign,considering all classics summons as gods but I'll need to associate gods and weapons.

Anyone has ideas?
Hmm... these are just what I can think up off the top of my head.

Alexander: Heavy mace
Bahamut: Scimitar, or it could be a falchion
Carbuncle: Heavy shield
Garuda: Longbow
Ifrit: Flail, perhaps
Leviathan: Trident
Odin: Either a longsword, knight sword, or katana, probably the knight sword
Ramuh: Quarterstaff
Shiva: Spear, maybe longspear

I can come up with other stuff later.
Odin's favored weapon would probably be a scimitar, since his blade Zantetsuken is generally portrayed as one.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
Id say Bahamut Longsword or Knight sword OR Any polearm.
Scimitar or Falcata for Odin Maybe even double blade if your feeling fancy with 13.
Ifrit id say unarmed or natural attacks. Even longsword would work. (15)
Titan: Any hammer probably.
Phoenix: Polearm or specifically Ransuer for this one.

Actually ima stop here. Why? Because in every FF they are portrayed almost always differently with some minor exceptions such as Odin. I believe you should decide on your own how they fit in your world and how they would perceive their favored weapon. If going default gives you and idea thats cool but i feel like everyone is going to give you a different answer for some.