Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Cie'th
Nah, unarmed strikes are different from natural attacks, which have to be made with natural weapons (claws, bite, tentacle, slam, etcetera). If your race already has a natural weapon, like getting a claw attack, then you can make some serious use of the spell (because you can full attack with them like that, since it's not the class feature requiring a standard action), but that's not exactly a common thing; the only two races that are viable for a Blue Mage and have a natural attack are burmecians and shindroids, both of which get a somewhat inferior attack (bite and slam respectively, both doing 1d4). A Primal Mage would be great with it, but you're giving up all your Blue Magery to be able to bite super hard, and Murderous Might isn't going to be a thing until you're at least 15th level anyway.
My bad then, I would just leave it like it was. I would suggest changing the SR to 12 + caster level so its similar to the 5th level SR spell.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
So, I'm a derpy little fellow, and forgot that the rules for Dodge got changed in Pathfinder. For the Spry ability that the winged Cie'th have, I'm switching it out for Uncanny Dodge, since the ability is useless.
(04-26-2017, 08:36 PM)Manly Man Wrote:

Cie’th, Sacrifice
Standing against the blackness of the nightscape is a broad, vaguely humanoid figure, topheavy and coated in smooth, glassy crystal as pale as moonlight. It creeps forward with a steady, graceful step unlike that of others of its kind, silent as death and intent on delivering it.

Sacrifice (CR 15)
XP 51,200
NE Large outsider (Cie’th, native)
Init +9; Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +28

DEFENSE
AC 34, touch 22, flat-footed 29 (+12 natural, +5 Dex, +8 deflection -1 size)
hp 298 (17d10+204)
Fort +21 Ref +15 Will +12
DR 15/adamantine and magic or crystal and magic Immune mind-affecting, bleed, curse, death effects, daze, stun, sickening, nauseating; Resist fire 15, ice 15, wind 20, earth 15, lightning 15, water 15, holy 5, shadow 5; SR 26

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee slam +30/+20/+15/+10 (2d6+22)
Space/Reach 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks anathema
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 17th; concentration +23)
  • At will- aero (DC 21)
  • 7/day- aero II (DC 22)
  • 5/day- aero III (DC 23), aera
  • 3/day- aero IV (DC 24)
  • 2/day- aeroga
  • 1/day- death (DC 27)
STATISTICS
Str 34, Dex 20, Con 33, Int 2, Wis 24 Cha 19
Base Atk +17; CMB +31; CMD 46
Feats Toughness, Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (slam), Power Attack (included in the statistics above), Furious Focus, Bouncing Spell-Like Ability (aero IV), Sickening Spell-Like Ability (aeroga), Elemental Focus (wind), Greater Elemental Focus (wind)
Skills Acrobatics +14, Perception +28, Stealth +15
Languages Common (cannot speak)
SQ great claw, mirrorskin, sharp claw

I noticed you had aero IV as a spell but no spell description for it? I would be curious on what you think of the fourth level versions. 

I also have a question about Imperil status effect. I'll based this off the games but lets say if a creature is immune to shadow dmg but had Imperil on them for shadow dmg would that make them semi-resistant or weak to that elemental type as well? At least what I recall from FFXIII any creature who was immune to that dmg type would be resistant but not weak to it. If they absorb that dmg type, then they become immune to it if inflicted with imperil. If they're resistant to an element type, then they become neutralized. If they have no resistance, then they become weak to it. I don't recall if they're already weak to it and having imperil on them just makes them super weak to it or not. I guess this looks a little more complex than the way you wrote it out but I just feel if a creature is immune to a damage type and is inflicted with this status that they shouldn't be weak to that type of damage, maybe at least semi-resistant like 15 or 20 elemental resist.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
Ack, my bad. It's not there, so I'll just dock it; sacrifices already get death and all the other aero-related spells, so it's not like they need a whole lot more.

As for Imperil, it flat-out replaces any immunity or resistance with vulnerability. It's not a permanent thing though, so it's not quite so huge of a problem. I mean, yeah, it would be a bit fairer and more accurate to make it downgrade immunity to resistance to non-resistance to weakness, but it's simpler and easier on the GM's bookkeeping to just slap "VULNERABLE" on an enemy instead of keeping track of everything.
I would actually like a fourth level version of each spell since 4th level spells seem lacking in some element types.
I was just curious if it did that to immunity or not. I can see the simplification making it easier on the DMs.
Also keep up the good work.
To be honest, I would really like Xxxx IV elemental spells, and maybe even some -aja versions of them.
Is there at lot going to be a PDF of all of this content any time soon?
Eventually, I suppose. I have it all as Google documents, but I probably should fix that; I'm still in the middle of playtesting all of the stuff, and we're getting on rather well. The group I'm running is made of five 5th-level characters, and we just tested the Strigoi as a boss monster, which turned out almost perfectly. We still have a long way to go, though; up until the party is around 17th level and can face off against Yomi or a Malebranche for a boss, it won't be quite finished and PDF-ready.
Changing up Wladislaus and Malebranche to reflect the equipment changes, namely that of the buster sword.
Made some edits to their attacks and added some clarifications, I'll go over them with a fine comb later to make sure I have skills and such down pat.
Added tears of frustration to the list of Blue Mage spells.
Update: edited the Cie'th to have spells instead of SLAs, except for the strigoi (whose battle plan wouldn't quite work without the SLA, and it's a very minor one anyway). They all use Wisdom for their spells, which is clarified in the post describing the Cie'th subtype. Also, got rid of the Cie'th brand of wind slash being available for Blue Mages to learn, since I derped and didn't realize that it was already a spell.