Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laharl, the Overlord! (Need Help)
So I have this goofy idea of having Laharl from the Disgaea series as a boss/recruitable character in my latest FFd20 game. However I'm having a hard time figuring out what his class/class combination might be. I already have his race figured out, just looking for an overall build idea for him.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
This would be pretty difficult. Laharl shows up in most (if not all) Disgaea games and doesn't always have the same stats. And I think he can use most weapons (skills being tied to weapons in this game)

Just to be clear, are you looking for help in making a new class, or asking what classes would suit him best?

I'd say Dark Knight suits him the best out of all the classes. Maybe Holy Knight, if you think he's a good guy.
I'm not really looking into making a new class, though technically I suppose that's a possible solution. More or less I'm looking for a current FFd20 class or class combination that could be used to make him. I'm generally using his Disgaea: Hour of Darkness self as the main basis.

Dark Knight definitely seems like it could work, the idea of a powerful evil warrior also works well thematically. Though I'm unsure how to handle some of his other abilities such as Meteor Impact, and Blazing Knuckle, though when I think about it the Firey Fist feat could work for that. Meteor Impact though...a materia that lets him cast Choco Meteor from the Blue Mage spell list?
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
I know nothing of Disgaea.
First off, the Dark Knight has access to black mage spells, including Fire spells. They would probably suffice.

If you wouldn't mind a houserule, you can make all the abilities that require shadow damage instead deal fire damage. Disastrous Sweep and Night Sword would both seem to fit.
first of all, I deeply apologize for advertising another d20 system here, but if you need help coming up with Laharl's unique powers or even the weapon skills like blade dash, you should check out http://disgaead20.wikispot.org/Weapon_Techniques
the whole system is still largely under construction, but it satisfied my Disgaea needs, best part is you can get away with using this system if all you need are weapon skills. (it's what I do)
Tongue
I think dark knight works two, tho if you want to do something like overlord's wrath you would need to turn that into a thing like a limit break. Since I'm guessing that he is a boss of some sort. you just give the ablity to use his limit break like a dragon would use his breath weapon {d4 rounds or something like that} But yeah I live the idea of an overlord showing up.