Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Archmage questions
Hello I have a few questions about the Archmage Archetype for the Scholar class.

For the Branch Fields spells that you can cast using your Arcane Reservoir use your full caster level and such right? So as your level up they continue to grow in power too or would they just be treated at the level they'd be the entire time so for the first set of branches be CL 1?

Could you use anything that would give you an Scholar Exploit to gain another Branch Field? Like the feat Extra Exploit or using a races FCB?

Also Esoteric Magic seems very simple to me but could someone explain it like I'm five just to make sure I fully understand it?

If anyone else has questions about the Archmage feel free to ask them in this thread and I thank everyone for any answers or insight they can give me.
(04-10-2017, 09:57 AM)Duke Logan Wrote: Hello I have a few questions about the Archmage Archetype for the Scholar class.

For the Branch Fields spells that you can cast using your Arcane Reservoir use your full caster level and such right? So as your level up they continue to grow in power too or would they just be treated at the level they'd be the entire time so for the first set of branches be CL 1?

Could you use anything that would give you an Scholar Exploit to gain another Branch Field? Like the feat Extra Exploit or using a races FCB?

Also Esoteric Magic seems very simple to me but could someone explain it like I'm five just to make sure I fully understand it?

If anyone else has questions about the Archmage feel free to ask them in this thread and I thank everyone for any answers or insight they can give me.

Branch Field: Yes, you use your full caster level.

Scholar Exploits: Yes.

Esoteric: For example, At 5th level, you have access to 3rd level spells, you can pick any spell from any spell list that you can cast, it becomes part of your repertoire. If its not normally a spell you can cast (outside of White/Black magic), it becomes 1 higher spell level. In this example, Enfire II would be a 3rd level spell instead of a 2nd level spell.
(04-10-2017, 10:26 AM)Viladin Wrote: Branch Field: Yes, you use your full caster level.

Esoteric: For example, At 5th level, you have access to 3rd level spells, you can pick any spell from any spell list that you can cast, it becomes part of your repertoire. If its not normally a spell you can cast (outside of White/Black magic), it becomes 1 higher spell level. In this example, Enfire II would be a 3rd level spell instead of a 2nd level spell.

Alright good that's how I thought it would be but I wanted to make sure.

Great I know where my Moogle's FCB will be going and some feats to take now.

I can't seem to find the Enfire II spell, but lets say at 5th level where I can cast 3rd level spells I could pick a 2nd level Geomancer spell lets say Elemental Speech, I immediately learn and can cast it at 5th level but it would be treated as a 3rd level Scholar/Archmage spell and cost 3 MP right and would have any DCs as a 3rd level spell right?
(04-10-2017, 11:28 AM)Duke Logan Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 10:26 AM)Viladin Wrote: Branch Field: Yes, you use your full caster level.

I can't seem to find the Enfire II spell, but lets say at 5th level where I can cast 3rd level spells I could pick a 2nd level Geomancer spell lets say Elemental Speech, I immediately learn and can cast it at 5th level but it would be treated as a 3rd level Scholar/Archmage spell and cost 3 MP right and would have any DCs as a 3rd level spell right?

Yes. That is correct. Smile
(04-10-2017, 08:20 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 11:28 AM)Duke Logan Wrote:

Yes. That is correct. Smile

Alright thanks for answering my questions and for making this awesome game.