Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineer/Magitek Operator Question
So as a Magitek Operator you lose your automaton because it becomes armor, right? And it states it's of large size and grants the Engineer most of the bonuses that the Magitek gets right? Like I understand all of that but like

You gain the Automaton's health as Temp HP when wearing the armor. Isn't that kind of broken? I mean at first level the Automaton gets 2d10 + 30 for Large Automaton bonus. So hypothetically

A moogle with a con mod of +2 rolls max on his health giving him 10 hp, and then the Automaton he also rolls max on, gets 50 more. A level 1 Moogle Engineer has 60 health? Why?

Is there something I'm missing from the page or what?
(03-31-2017, 09:17 AM)MrDeimos Wrote: So as a Magitek Operator you lose your automaton because it becomes armor, right? And it states it's of large size and grants the Engineer most of the bonuses that the Magitek gets right? Like I understand all of that but like

You gain the Automaton's health as Temp HP when wearing the armor. Isn't that kind of broken? I mean at first level the Automaton gets 2d10 + 30 for Large Automaton bonus. So hypothetically

A moogle with a con mod of +2 rolls max on his health giving him 10 hp, and then the Automaton he also rolls max on, gets 50 more. A level 1 Moogle Engineer has 60 health? Why?

Is there something I'm missing from the page or what?

No, you're not missing anything. The trade-off is they lose their pet. So, yes, technically, they could have a high amount of temp hp, but thats the main class feature.