Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maneuver Mastery
Looking at this talent for the Holy/Dark Swordsman archetypes of the Holy/Dark Knight, it strikes me as completely pointless. As both base classes have a Base Attack Bonus equal to their level, and the archetypes do not modify this, the talent as written has no use. Was this talent copied verbatim with minor alterations from a Pathfinder base class/archetype that did not have a high BAB? If so, then it should be changed or discarded.

For the sake of reference, I will include the talent description from the Dark Swordsman page:
Maneuver Mastery (Ex): The dark swordsman has mastered one combat maneuver. He selects one maneuver when selecting this arcana. Whenever he is attempting the selected maneuver, he uses his dark swordsman level in place of his base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). A dark swordsman can select this dark sword talent more than once. Its effects do not stack. Each time he selects this talent, he selects another combat maneuver.
(03-12-2017, 03:15 PM)LeoArchon Wrote: Looking at this talent for the Holy/Dark Swordsman archetypes of the Holy/Dark Knight, it strikes me as completely pointless. As both base classes have a Base Attack Bonus equal to their level, and the archetypes do not modify this, the talent as written has no use. Was this talent copied verbatim with minor alterations from a Pathfinder base class/archetype that did not have a high BAB? If so, then it should be changed or discarded.

For the sake of reference, I will include the talent description from the Dark Swordsman page:
Maneuver Mastery (Ex): The dark swordsman has mastered one combat maneuver. He selects one maneuver when selecting this arcana. Whenever he is attempting the selected maneuver, he uses his dark swordsman level in place of his base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). A dark swordsman can select this dark sword talent more than once. Its effects do not stack. Each time he selects this talent, he selects another combat maneuver.

I told vil about this monnnths ago. Guess he never got to it lol But yeah it was just copied from red mage so it doesnt belong lol
(03-12-2017, 05:23 PM)NeloAngelo Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 03:15 PM)LeoArchon Wrote: Looking at this talent for the Holy/Dark Swordsman archetypes of the Holy/Dark Knight, it strikes me as completely pointless. As both base classes have a Base Attack Bonus equal to their level, and the archetypes do not modify this, the talent as written has no use. Was this talent copied verbatim with minor alterations from a Pathfinder base class/archetype that did not have a high BAB? If so, then it should be changed or discarded.

I told vil about this monnnths ago. Guess he never got to it lol But yeah it was just copied from red mage so it doesnt belong lol

Nelo liessssss! >.> I'll fix it though.
(03-12-2017, 05:30 PM)Viladin Wrote:

Very sure i asked when i was playing a holy swordsman in your game for abit.
(03-14-2017, 01:14 AM)NeloAngelo Wrote:

Didn't YOU make the archetypes? :p Or was it me?
(03-14-2017, 08:27 AM)Viladin Wrote:

It was you lol i made the dark swordsman. Which was mainly copied from you.
(03-14-2017, 10:24 PM)NeloAngelo Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 08:27 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 05:23 PM)NeloAngelo Wrote: I told vil about this monnnths ago. Guess he never got to it lol But yeah it was just copied from red mage so it doesnt belong lol

It was you lol i made the dark swordsman. Which was mainly copied from you.

Then, its agreed that its all LeoArchon's fault.

And I fixed it.