Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land Mine Discoveries for Chemist
These two Chemist discoveries are based off of the Trap Breaker Alchemist and the Trapper Ranger class. I’ve played both classes several times and have talked to others who played them (their are not many. At all. they are not user friendly). I’ve modified them to suit FF setting more, to fix left out information, and to make them more user friendly than the paizo versions.

Chemist Discovery:
Land Mine Engineering (EX): The chemist learns to turn his bombs into land mines. Creating and setting a mine is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity. The landmine fills a single 5-foot square, and cannot be laid in the same space as any other traps or mines. The chemist can use bomb discoveries with the land mine. Creating a land mine uses up two of the Chemist's bombs per day. A Chemist may walk over their own Land Mines, and can disarm them with a standard Action-This does not restore the bomb usage. The DC for perception checks to notice the land mine, disable device checks to disable it, and the saving throws vs effects are equal to the normal bomb DC. All Chemist Land Mines are mechanical traps with the qualities; Trigger: Location, Reset: None. Landmines last for 1 hour per Chemist level, or until triggered or disabled. Whichever comes first.
Prerequisites: Chemist 6

Advanced Landmines engineering (ex): The Chemist's experiences with landmines have resulted in a breakthrough. Creating a land mine only uses one of Bomb per day usage. Additionally, the Chemist has refined his Land Mine design and learned how to set at a distance. The Chemist may throw a lawn dart shaped Land Mine as they would a bomb, using appropriate modifiers for range, at a valid target square, at AC 5. Upon landing the Land Mine sets itself. The DC for perception checks to notice the land mine, disable device checks to disable it, and the saving throws vs effects are lowed by the increment range penalty of the throw+1 (I.e. 20t= -1 40ft= -2 60ft= -3). If the attack results in a miss, then roll as per normal splash attack rules. The Land Mine sets itself in an unknown square. The Chemist cannot safely walk over or disable the Land Mine in this case and must treat it as a normal trap.
If the Chemist has The Grenade Gun discovery he may shoot the trap within the first increment of his firearm, applying a -5 penalty to the DC's due to sound. -2 if the weapon is equipped with a suppressor.
Prerequisites: Chemist 10, Land Mine Discovery