Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synthesist engineer quesiton
Changed this topic, since didn't want to make a new one and clutter things.
See next post
Synthesis Question:
I'm curious. What levels could a Sythesist engineer make alchemical items (from paizo) like Alchemist fire and such. The first version states "the item cannot contain complex chemical components or moving parts, as a firearm would" Would the alchemist fire or acid flask count as that? Is that even a possible creation?

What level could they make dynamite, grenades, or 40mm grenades?
I assume by level 10 you could, but I wasn't sure if you could at level 5? Level 10 mentions firearms directly. but explosives aren't firearms though are listed on that page. Most explosives aren't that complicated (generally speaking) but are chemicals. though the diffference in tech between dynamite, to frag grenade isn't much. but dynamite to C4 is pretty different.

What would most folks use this ability for?Generally speaking unless you were captured and somehow kept these sythesist item for that ability.. I can't think of what i'd use that often?
The first thing that occured to me was explosives...

It is a really cool ability but I"m not really sure what use it for most of the time..
(04-27-2016, 10:08 PM)Zwordsman Wrote: Synthesis Question:
I'm curious. What levels could a Sythesist engineer make alchemical items (from paizo) like Alchemist fire and such. The first version states "the item cannot contain complex chemical components or moving parts, as a firearm would" Would the alchemist fire or acid flask count as that? Is that even a possible creation?

What level could they make dynamite, grenades, or 40mm grenades?
I assume by level 10 you could, but I wasn't sure if you could at level 5? Level 10 mentions firearms directly. but explosives aren't firearms though are listed on that page. Most explosives aren't that complicated (generally speaking) but are chemicals. though the diffference in tech between dynamite, to frag grenade isn't much. but dynamite to C4 is pretty different.

What would most folks use this ability for?Generally speaking unless you were captured and somehow kept these sythesist item for that ability.. I can't think of what i'd use that often?
The first thing that occured to me was explosives...

It is a really cool ability but I"m not really sure what use it for most of the time..

1st question: No.
2nd question: No, grenades and dynamite are still "considered" complicated.
3rd question: Basically, its for crafting other things. The ability gives you the base item for free.
Thanks.

Question. The abilities replace the support droid, but the first synthesist ability, Base Constructer, doesn't have a listed level it comes online. Is it suppose to be level 1 (that was my assumption due to the other abilities coming online at divisions of 5) or is it happening at 4 when it replaced ability usually opens?

If i make say a shuriken, it only makes one correct? Not a normal stack/up to weight amount.
(05-06-2016, 02:02 PM)Zwordsman Wrote: Thanks.

Question. The abilities replace the support droid, but the first synthesist ability, Base Constructer, doesn't have a listed level it comes online. Is it suppose to be level 1 (that was my assumption due to the other abilities coming online at divisions of 5) or is it happening at 4 when it replaced ability usually opens?

If i make say a shuriken, it only makes one correct? Not a normal stack/up to weight amount.

It's suppose to be at level 4. I'll make a change later.

And yes, only 1.