Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Mage Homebrew Spells
Hey all!

I just wanted to share the Blue Mage spells I've made up in the course of running my game of FFd20. I only have a few now, but I will probably make more as the story progresses. The first three spells are my version of spells that appear in the monster description of Ifrit, Lord of the Inferno but didn't make it into the spell descriptions alongside Titan's abilities. The last one is actually a homebrew spell. I have the stat block for the Phantom Train if you want it. I'm always open for comments and suggestions.

Eruption
Elemental (Fire)
Level: Blue Mage 6
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 60 ft.
Area: 1 20-ft circle
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes
Learned From: Ifrit, Lord of the Inferno

The caster emulates Primal Ifrit’s fiery eruptions. The caster causes fire to erupt from the ground in a 20-ft. diameter from a point within 60 feet. Creatures within the area of effect take 15d6 points of fire damage and are knocked prone. A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half and prevents the target from being knocked prone.

Sear
Elemental (Fire)
Level: Blue Mage 7
Range: 60 ft.
Target: 1 creature
Saving Throw: Fortitude half; see text

The caster emulates Primal Ifrit’s fiery aura. The caster causes one creature within 60 feet to burst with a blazing aura. The target creature must make a Fortitude save or be inflicted with a blazing aura which deals 5d6 points of fire damage to every creature within a 15-ft. radius and inflicts the Burning status on the target. A successful Fortitude save will halve the damage of the aura and prevent the Burning status.

Vulcan Burst
Elemental (Fire)
Level: Blue Mage 7
Target: Self
Area: 1 60-ft circle
Saving Throw: Fortitude half; see text

The caster emulates Primal Ifrit’s fiery burst. The caster causes a burst of fiery energy to erupt around her, causing enemies to be blasted back. Creatures within a 30-ft. radius must make a Fortitude save or take 10d6 points of fire damage and be pushed back up to 30 feet away from the caster. A successful Fortitude save halves this damage and prevents the knockback effect.

Diabolic Whistle
Non-elemental/Enfeebling/Necromancy
Level: Blue Mage 1
Casting Time: One standard Action
Range: 20 ft
Area: 20-ft-radius from caster
Duration: 1 round/Blue Mage level
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Creature Learned From: Phantom Train

The caster emulates the dreaded whistle of the fabled Phantom Train causing a random status effect to all enemies in range. A successful Will save negates this attack. Roll 1d8 to determine which status effect each target will suffer according to chart. Once a creature makes the save against this spell, it is immune to further Diabolic Whistle effects from that caster for 24 hours. This is a sonic effect.

1 – Blind
2 – Poison
3 – Mini
4 – Curse
5 – Beserk
6 – Confuse
7 – Sap
8 – Slow