Nu Mou
Qu
Ronso
Seeq
Shindroid
Tarutaru
Varg
Viera
What were the negative stats to the races that you have provided? my veteran D&D friends don't like the idea of no negatives and all positives.

Also are you/would you consider adding Red XIII's race?
I don't think I have the old race pdf anymore. And while I like Red XIII, I think he would be more suited as a monster entry than a race.
Agreed. Unfortunately i think that if Red XIII (i call them Nanaki) were a race they would be way to limited on the classes they could physically play. (Lack of poseable thumbs i believe) But if you your dead set on playing one you can always home rule that beast. Big Grin
Keep in mind that Nanaki does wield a weapon. Different from anyone elses weapon, but everyone wields different weapons anyway.

Actually, if you want to homebrew it (or Vil changes his mind) I don't think Nanaki'd be that difficult. Vil already created Combat Gloves for unarmed fighters to be able to have mastercrafted weapons and equip materia. If a similar weapon was made for natural attacks it should be fine; he'd be better at some things (Beastmaster, mages, monk, non-polearm dragoons, fighters) than others (Archers, Gunners, Engineers, Chocobo Knights), though. Incidently, I've never played a spellcaster in this system, so do spells have somatic components? If they do, the race would need a line that says it can still cast the spells (maybe they use their tails to do the gestures) without getting rid of the downsides of having somatic components (ASF).
(10-17-2012, 08:34 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: Keep in mind that Nanaki does wield a weapon. Different from anyone elses weapon, but everyone wields different weapons anyway.

Actually, if you want to homebrew it (or Vil changes his mind) I don't think Nanaki'd be that difficult. Vil already created Combat Gloves for unarmed fighters to be able to have mastercrafted weapons and equip materia. If a similar weapon was made for natural attacks it should be fine; he'd be better at some things (Beastmaster, mages, monk, non-polearm dragoons, fighters) than others (Archers, Gunners, Engineers, Chocobo Knights), though. Incidently, I've never played a spellcaster in this system, so do spells have somatic components? If they do, the race would need a line that says it can still cast the spells (maybe they use their tails to do the gestures) without getting rid of the downsides of having somatic components (ASF).

Spells do have somatic components, but that's it.
Should Lunarians from FFIV be considered their own race?
At most they'd be represented by alternate racial features, for either the human or the cetra. No need for their own race.
then why make cetra and al bhed separate races?
When this system first came out I don't think Alternate Racial Traits even existed. Now? Either of them (or both) could just as easily be represented by said Alternate Racial Traits, should Vil want that.

In fact, splitting it up so that it's two races might be a good idea. Human's (with Al Bhed Alternate Racial Traits) and Cetra (with Lunarian Alternate Racial Traits). Again, that's up to the DM.
(10-16-2012, 11:16 PM)InsaneCosplayer Wrote: What were the negative stats to the races that you have provided? my veteran D&D friends don't like the idea of no negatives and all positives.

(10-17-2012, 08:04 AM)Viladin Wrote: I don't think I have the old race pdf anymore.

Why did you remove the negative stats?
(02-20-2013, 11:47 AM)Balthier Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 11:16 PM)InsaneCosplayer Wrote: What were the negative stats to the races that you have provided? my veteran D&D friends don't like the idea of no negatives and all positives.

(10-17-2012, 08:04 AM)Viladin Wrote: I don't think I have the old race pdf anymore.

Why did you remove the negative stats?

The negative stats are back, no worries.
Updated to Pathfinder.
...You've forgotten the Bangaa... [color=#FFFFFF]I noticed that the Bangaa aren't on your list. Do you have stats for them?[/color]
(05-10-2013, 08:21 PM)Lestroisrois Wrote: ...You've forgotten the Bangaa... [color=#FFFFFF]I noticed that the Bangaa aren't on your list. Do you have stats for them?[/color]

Lies! Its always been there.