Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craft DC for explosives/alchemical items
Hello! I was wondering.

What were the craftin DC's for explosives and such?

http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/firearms.html
I see some info, for using or combining various explosives but I didn't see craft DC infos.
Am I missing it, or can you only buy them and not make them?

How about alchemical Items (FFD20 ones)? I don't see any craft dc. I wasn't sure if they were normal item crafting.. There is magic item crafting which is 5+caster level and pay the listed cost.
or is it just pay and take the time and it's auto made? I ask because the craft alchemical item feat mentions craft alchemy.

In pathfinder they list these DCs http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/skill...html#craft

but I didnt' see anything that would fit well under or for the variety.
Alchemical items:

Craft Alchemical Item [Item Creation Feat]
You can create alchemical items, which can heal, cure status effects, etc. See the Alchemical Item section for more details on what you can make for alchemical items.
Prerequisite: Caster level 3rd.
Benefit: You can create Tier 1 alchemical items. Crafting an alchemical item takes one hour per tier and requires the Craft (Alchemy) skill. When you create an alchemical item, you set the caster level, which must be sufficient to cast the spell in question and no higher than your own level. The base prices of the alchemical items are in the Alchemical Item section. To craft an alchemical item, you must use up raw materials costing one half this base price.
Special: To create Tier 2 alchemical items, you must be at least 7th level. To create Tier 3 alchemical items, you must be at least 11th level. To create Tier 4 alchemical items, you must be at least 15th level.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats

Skill Check: Successfully creating a magic item requires a Spellcraft check with a DC equal to 5 + the item's caster level. Alternatively, you can use an associated Craft or Profession skill to attempt this check instead, depending upon the item being crafted. See Magic Item Creation for more details on which Craft and Profession checks may be substituted in this manner. The DC of this check can increase if the crafter is rushed or does not meet all of the prerequisites. A failed check ruins the materials used, while a check that fails by 5 or more results in a cursed item.(Logan helped me find this one)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explosives:

http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/skills.html

Second one down. Craft Explosives.

Craft (Explosive) [Int; Trained Only]
Description: This skill allows a character to connect, create and set explosives substances and devices.
Setting a simple explosive to blow up at a certain spot doesn't require a check, but connecting and setting a detonator does. Also, placing an explosive for maximum effect against a structure calls for a check, as does disarming an explosive device.
Check: A successful check produces a product of solid material, about the size of a brick. An explosive compound does not include a fuse or detonator

http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/images/craft2.jpg

Set Detonator: Most explosives require a detonator to go off. Connecting a detonator to an explosive requires a Craft (explosives) check (DC 10). Failure means that the explosive fails to go off as planned. Failure by 10 or more means the explosive goes off as the detonator is being installed. A character can make an explosive difficult to disarm. To do so, the character chooses the disarm DC before making his or her check to set the detonator (it must be higher than 10). The character's DC to set the detonator is equal to the disarm DC.

Place Explosive Device: Carefully placing an explosive against a fixed structure (a stationary, unattended inanimate object) can maximize the damage dealt by exploiting vulnerabilities in the structure's construction. The GM makes the check (so that the character doesn't know exactly how well he or he has done). On a result of 15 or higher, the explosive deals double damage to the structure against which it is placed. On a result of 25 or higher, it deals triple damage to the structure. In all cases, it deals normal damage to all other targets within its burst radius.

Disarm Explosive Device: Disarming an explosive that has been set to go off requires a Craft (explosives) check. The DC is usually 10, unless the person who set the detonator chose a higher disarm DC. If the character fails the check, he does not disarm the explosive. If the character fails by more than 5, the explosive goes off.

Action: Setting a detonator is usually a full-round action. Placing an explosive device takes 1 minute or more, depending on the scope of the job.
Try Again: Building an explosive from scratch is dangerous. If the Craft (explosives) check fails, the raw materials are wasted. If the check fails by 5 or more, the explosive compound detonates as it is being made, dealing half of its intended damage to the builder and anyone else in the burst radius.
Special: A character can take 10 when using the Craft (explosives) skill, but can't take 20.
OK Alchemical items does use generic magic item crafting. Thanks!
========
THanks, somehow everytime I read the skill I misssed that dc box.. I guess thats what I get for reading it on smaller screens.