Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Base Class] Witch of the Coven
Hello. Just played FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre, and it gave me an idea for this class.

She didn't play much of a part in FFT (she was probably meant for more, since they named her class and had battle actions in the files), but was a class (alongside Warlock). It's still pretty rough (I think, anyways), and I want to add more Draconic spells, but I figured I would share what I had.

Sorry about the format. My phone just wouldn't upload the PDF version.

Attached Files
.docx   Witch of the Coven.docx (Size: 9.73 KB / Downloads: 20)
.docx   Witch Spells.docx (Size: 9.35 KB / Downloads: 11)
Edit: It won't let me delete the old attachment from my phone that was an old version of witch, so this the correct one. My bad!

Attached Files
.docx   Witch of the Coven.docx (Size: 9.73 KB / Downloads: 16)
Like with every other class that is being made on here, as soon as my group gets together, I am sure to have someone wanting to playtest this.
Loving this mage, especially since I just beat Tactics Ogre PSP recently! Interesting choice to make them both Charisma and Intelligence based. Also props for making it semi-competent in combat at mid-levels.
"Everyone get out. This'll take a while."
-The worst thing to hear after the result of a roll (Count:5)
Oh boy, playtests! I feel like she may be a bit stronger than I intended once the status effects start rolling.

Yeah, I was gonna have her just cast the Vexes from range, but after talking with Nelo (who helps tremendously) and thinking of giving her a poisoning feature, I decided adding the effect to weaponry would be better. I felt that she would be an intellectual with the languages, spell casting, research, and Grimoire searching she did. Then, I thought of the general thought of a witch.

Sometimes they are (or appear to be) old women who persuade people to do what they want by seeming to just be an old kindly woman, and then, other times, they are bewitching with charm and beauty until they reveal their intents, either evil or not.

The only good Draconic Spells in game where the the elemental ones, so I want to make more. Maybe convert some spells from Pathfinder for more...

Edit: Ah! Thanks for the suggestions! Lol, would have seen it earlier, but writing this top part took longer. I had to figure out to turn my phone sideways to see the post button. XD. Will work on it!
I may pilfer some elements of this, Arch. I was already in the process of doing an Arc Witch/Warlock class based on gender.
(06-17-2015, 03:46 PM)Viladin Wrote: I may pilfer some elements of this, Arch. I was already in the process of doing an Arc Witch/Warlock class based on gender.

Lol. I was going to do an Astrologist, but Nelo said you already were working on one! I also had a scholar, but yours is just so much better.

Update:
Vexes have a 1d4 duration (unless otherwise noted)

Feat description improvements.

Dragon's Mind now 6th LVL.

Golem Guard is now a CR 16 Iron Golem (I wouldn't want to mess with it).

Bonus:A spell description list for only Witch spells! Alphabetical, numerical, and magical!

Attached Files
.docx   Witch of the Coven.docx (Size: 10.07 KB / Downloads: 16)
.docx   Witch Spells.docx (Size: 8.71 KB / Downloads: 6)
.docx   Witch Spell List Full Discriptions.docx (Size: 56.74 KB / Downloads: 6)
(06-17-2015, 06:59 PM)Archmagel Wrote: Lol. I was going to do an Astrologist, but Nelo said you already were working on one! I also had a scholar, but yours is just so much better.

No plans for Astrologist, you can do it if you want :p
(06-17-2015, 09:13 PM)LucarinZer0 Wrote: Looks good, though you forgot to mention you buffed up the Draconic magic. And it looks really good and fine.

Oh, yeah! I thought that I was forgetting something.

Hm. May work on Astrologer later, then. I may have misheard him sometime between the "Metal" and the "Gear" he has been shoving down my throat to get me capped before MGSV.
Mmrrfgg Metal Gear!
Update: Added 9 new powerful (possibly too much so) Draconic spells.

Attached Files
.docx   Witch of the Coven.docx (Size: 12.09 KB / Downloads: 15)
.docx   Witch Spells.docx (Size: 8.71 KB / Downloads: 8)
.docx   Witch Spell List Full Discriptions.docx (Size: 56.74 KB / Downloads: 9)