Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Level 20?
Not that my game (or most I suppose) will do such a thing, but do you have any notes on 'epic' levels? And would you plan on making mythic rules? Not something really important, but I'm curious if you plan on doing it.
"Everyone get out. This'll take a while."
-The worst thing to hear after the result of a roll (Count:5)
(02-16-2015, 03:48 PM)darrel378 Wrote: Not that my game (or most I suppose) will do such a thing, but do you have any notes on 'epic' levels? And would you plan on making mythic rules? Not something really important, but I'm curious if you plan on doing it.

Not in the foreseeable future, but who knows? I might. I haven't even really read the Mythic book for Pathfinder.
(02-16-2015, 04:31 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(02-16-2015, 03:48 PM)darrel378 Wrote: Not that my game (or most I suppose) will do such a thing, but do you have any notes on 'epic' levels? And would you plan on making mythic rules? Not something really important, but I'm curious if you plan on doing it.

Not in the foreseeable future, but who knows? I might. I haven't even really read the Mythic book for Pathfinder.

From what I've read, you'd need to design the entire campaign around it, especially since it isn't limited by level. You could be mythic at level one, and with some of those abilities you could gain, quickly become broken. Knight with 20/- DR for practically every battle. Practically infinite MP for Combat Casting Red Mages. Its really crazy.
If you follow 3.5 epic rules or even the pathfinder epic booklet I found http://www.jessejackjones.com/pathfinder you can easily homebrew FF epic-ness. As for mythic, yea that is another can of worms that requires a good bit of homework and attention.

Sorry about that, try now
(02-18-2015, 10:54 AM)silverwerret Wrote: If you follow 3.5 epic rules or even the pathfinder epic booklet I found (http://www.jessejackjones.com/pathfinder), you can easily homebrew FF epic-ness. As for mythic, yea that is another can of worms that requires a good bit of homework and attention.

True enough, though your link doesn't work.