Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Knight Archetype
Wink 
I had an idea for a archetype for dark knight (cause im sad at how many more Holy knight has up on it)
But every time i make it i get mad at myself thinking its bad/or broken so ill just suggest it.

The idea was to switch out harm touch an smite good for "Darkness" basically allowing certain effects like Soul eater or Nimbus of darkness to do extra damage however at the cost of 1/4th of the knights HP. Also allowing the use of Black magic instead of Dark knight spells, so that he could spend darkness uses and sacrifice hp to add status effects to the element spells (Like Dark Fire, Dark Thunder from crisis core, adding Blinded, Poison etc) Maybe at high levels turn them into Hell Magic adding Death to them (of course with the appropriate saves.)

Or allow darkness to also spend HP to auto do double damage on Hits, etc. Maybe even spend HP as Blood Money to gain uses for abilities they would be out of (same for mp) but cumulative for each use. Like for example.

0 Uses for Sword techs. Though may spend 4 HP for another use. Next time spend 8 HP for another use, next 12 HP for another use and so on. Spell costs 4 MP but you have none? Sac 8 HP to cast, 12 HP next time, 16 next time, and so on.

I also wanted to do a Area of effect darkness ability but, why when theirs nimbus of darkness and channel dark energy. Thats where i came up with darkness just to add certain effects.
There is already a Dark Knight Archetype that can use black magic. Fell Knight.
(01-15-2015, 07:42 PM)Luphey Wrote: There is already a Dark Knight Archetype that can use black magic. Fell Knight.

Very true. Was just thinking on the line of the Dark/Hell buffs to the spells.
Something for the back burner, perhaps. Still working on hybrid classes right now.
(01-15-2015, 08:15 PM)NeloAngelo Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 07:42 PM)Luphey Wrote: There is already a Dark Knight Archetype that can use black magic. Fell Knight.

Very true. Was just thinking on the line of the Dark/Hell buffs to the spells.

Most of the elemental black mage spells have status effects, but Im assuming you mean something along the lines of adding your "defile" to spells.