Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark knight in my game
Running a game in a unique world I created (based on a book I'm writing), low-ish/rare magic, mostly humans, gritty, with a strong emphasis on characterization.

One of my friends had no idea which character to play, I gave him the dark knight pdf from this site and he loves it. He hides the fact that his character is really evil. They just think he's a knight or a cleric. It's a lot of fun. One of the other players is familiar with pathfinder but not FF, so he's going nuts trying to figure this guy out. He never uses his dark sword techs in front of them, he hides his dark powers rather well.

Classes from this site adds a lot of flavor to a game.
(10-16-2014, 11:49 AM)Fatal Rose Wrote: Running a game in a unique world I created (based on a book I'm writing), low-ish/rare magic, mostly humans, gritty, with a strong emphasis on characterization.

One of my friends had no idea which character to play, I gave him the dark knight pdf from this site and he loves it. He hides the fact that his character is really evil. They just think he's a knight or a cleric. It's a lot of fun. One of the other players is familiar with pathfinder but not FF, so he's going nuts trying to figure this guy out. He never uses his dark sword techs in front of them, he hides his dark powers rather well.

Classes from this site adds a lot of flavor to a game.

Finally, someone who loves the Dark Knight and isn't complaining about them being evil. Tongue
One thing though, if it is basic pathfinder, then you'll find out that the Dark Knight's power scaling will eventually strongly surpass the others. Just a heads up.
I have a player who spam plays dark knight out of love for it. However once he could not outmatch the Soldier/Judge in the party who was ripping shit apart with his buster sword. So i told him to get a scythe and build up harrowing-slice. He bought a flaming burst enhancement for it and some materia and harrowed everything. He hits: popped the x4 and 3d10 flaming burst at level 5 and the 5d6 soul eater. So help me god if he uses blood weapon he was good until it ended. Though he was sadly not outdoing the soldier but he was definitely up to par. He was happy though. Even though hes kinda pulling a Cecil. As far as damage goes its definitely better than Holy Knight.

As for the evil part. its legit. No one should complain. Just how it should be. At least be Chaotic in my opinion if you didn't want evil. Though ive never had a dark knight not be evil so.
If I ever get my friends on board with it, I'd probably just have it be non-good, same goes for Holy Knight and non-evil. I honestly don't see much wrong with it, we've had people who use darkness for good and light for evil in FF before, and letting them be neutral means that they'll be able to meld with the group easier.

And that sounds really nice. What's the Soldier/Judge doing that's causing him to outpace the Dark Knight so much though?
(10-16-2014, 08:59 PM)Mirron Wrote: If I ever get my friends on board with it, I'd probably just have it be non-good, same goes for Holy Knight and non-evil. I honestly don't see much wrong with it, we've had people who use darkness for good and light for evil in FF before, and letting them be neutral means that they'll be able to meld with the group easier.

And that sounds really nice. What's the Soldier/Judge doing that's causing him to outpace the Dark Knight so much though?

Putting everything to STR and ability materia to help STR. The fighter specials give him strong bonuses with his str as well. Also keening his buster sword(15-20x2) was a huge factor. Str bonuses from Judge as well. Lots of Str pretty much. Through feats and all he would also Intimidate everything. Scoring up in the 40s. i don't remember what feats he had but i know he built feats around intimidation.