Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal Chronicles Races
So, I was wondering if anyone else had any interest in helping to stat these out. Looking back into it, the only one I noticed was a start up on a Yuke which didn't look like it went anywhere. I'd like to try giving them a shot, since there is definitely potential in these. I'm new to Pathfindery stuff, but with any luck it could be a group thing and then we'd have better balanced races than I'd produce on my own.
Yuke, Liltly, Selkie, Clavat is basically an alternate racial trait for Hume. But I'm willing to help!
I tried looking at the race creation guide for Pathfinder, should I be shooting for Standard or Advanced? I kind of worked out the stats I wanted to go with.

Clavat: +CON/WIS, -DEX
Yuke: +INT/WIS, -STR
Lilty: +STR/CON, -CHA
Selkie: +DEX/CHA, -INT

Is kind of what I was going to go with. Makes them nice and well-rounded, kind of focused, but kind of unique too.

And I was going to do Clavat as it's own thing. I thought it would be better not to just make it a Hume.
Lility negative modifier should be intelligence. Selkies negative mod should be wisdom.
See, I considered that. But Lilty's aren't stupid. They're the ones in charge of all the technological advances in Crystal Chronicles. If they could get a third bonus, it would be Intelligence, at least in my opinion.

As for Selkie's, I honestly just wasn't sure what to give them. I didn't want to give them STR or CON, so it wound up being a toss up between INT or WIS. What makes you think Selkie's should have low WIS though? I gave them an INT penalty because it seemed like the one they'd use the least. Wisdom seems like something they'd have a bit better of a grasp on, if just for it's perceptive aspect.
Lilty's aren't stupid you are correct. However lets look at this, Liltlys actually weren't the technological advancers in the Crystal Chronicles, that was the Yukes. Liltlys (if you played the game enough) even mentioned that all there technology is just mass produced from Yuke design. They just don't have the magical capability to increase its power.

Selkies, are frankly, The second best mages in all of CC, they have the second shortest charge time, and the second highest range. In fact, a selkie is more magically apt than a clavat, and as such has lower defense than a Yuke AND Clavat. They are all about speed, and efficiency. The reason why wisdom makes the most sense, is because of the way most of the selkies in the game act, without thought. Yet they are fast learners. Remember intelligence affects how quickly you can know something, wisdom is associated with remembrence and forethought.
Er... what? No, Selkies have the second longest magic casting time, right behind Lilties. They have the fastest focus attack time though. I'm not really sure where they wind up with the actual range on their spells, but I know they have far reach with their focus attacks. Now, they may be faster spellcasters in the other games, but in the original at least they weren't that fast. They also were way more of a physical race, since Clavats and Yukes were the ones to get the spellcasting bonus accessories.

And I did play the original Crystal Chronicles. Sadly haven't had a chance to play the others, mostly too poor and the games are relatively rare. But I'd like to know where you got the "all Lilty technology is just Yuke". That doesn't really add up with what we know about the Lilty Empire or how Yuke's go about things.

I'm willing to drop the Selkie bit, mostly because it's kind of up to personal interpretation, but I don't get why Lilties have to be less intelligent. Albeit Charisma doesn't necessarily work either, but I was mostly going with the hot-headed, less inclined to be diplomatic aspect of them. Though really it'd probably be easiest to just start with Clavats and work down the list.

Edit: Just wanting to throw out that a lot of this is kind of subjective in general, since the CC games are a bit different from normal FF stuff. It's why I wish we could get another person chiming in, since it's pretty difficult to decide on a number of these things. At least Clavats/Yukes seem to be pretty solid.
So I was wondering still, should the Crystal Chronicle crew be advanced or basic when it comes to how they're built. I'm having a hard time doing Yuke's as basic, but that's mostly because I kind of want to make them part construct to represent the whole "living armor" thing they kind of have going on. They're definitely going to be the hardest to do either way.
Looking into it more, I don't think Construct, partial or otherwise, is a good idea for Yuke's, it doesn't seem like it'd really fit what Yuke's are like. Also thinking that Clavat's might just be best as Hume's, even if that seems like a bit of a cop out. I'll probably tackle Yuke's next, since they seem to be an easy to understand race at least. They want magic and lots of ways to use it.