Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Errors and Mistakes
I don't know if this is a big deal or not but I was looking over Sage class and I know it's an archetype of the red mage. I noticed a few sections used 'red mage' instead of 'sage'. The rest of the locations had red mage mentioned but they seem good to me. I'll mention which bold sections had red mage in them that were a little off: Loremaster, Advance Mage Talents, & Quad-cast.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
(04-07-2017, 10:04 PM)Fortheseen Wrote: I don't know if this is a big deal or not but I was looking over Sage class and I know it's an archetype of the red mage. I noticed a few sections used 'red mage' instead of 'sage'. The rest of the locations had red mage mentioned but they seem good to me. I'll mention which bold sections had red mage in them that were a little off: Loremaster, Advance Mage Talents, & Quad-cast.

Oops, I'll fix that.
there is one minor problem that i notice on the character sheets. that being the normal plus 10 when calculating CMD.
(04-26-2017, 07:10 AM)18colemant Wrote: there is one minor problem that i notice on the character sheets. that being the normal plus 10 when calculating CMD.

I knew I was missing something. Thanks! I'll fix it.
Annnnnnnnnd fixed.
The Apothecary archetype replaces Bombs with Field Medicine but doesn't have anything to modify or replace the level 15 Defensive Bombing feature from Chemist.
(05-20-2017, 02:14 PM)Hiromaniac Wrote: The Apothecary archetype replaces Bombs with Field Medicine but doesn't have anything to modify or replace the level 15 Defensive Bombing feature from Chemist.

Whoops, I'll fix that. Thanks!
In addition there doesn't seem to be any limit to the number of bombs per day a chemist can make. Not sure if that was intentional or not.
(05-20-2017, 07:44 PM)Hiromaniac Wrote: In addition there doesn't seem to be any limit to the number of bombs per day a chemist can make. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Intent. Since they don't have the Mutations like a normal Alchemist.
The Caller archetype of Summoner gets Augment Summoning as a bonus feat at 3rd level in place of Summoners normal Bond Senses. Summoners already get Augment Summoning at 2nd level.

(On a similar topic, it isn't exactly clear if the Caller's Summon Monster I still increases ranks as the Caller levels. Is this still the case?)
(05-20-2017, 09:38 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 07:44 PM)Hiromaniac Wrote: In addition there doesn't seem to be any limit to the number of bombs per day a chemist can make. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

This seems a bit overpowered. Do the bombs have to be concocted on the battlefield or else they go inert or something? If not, what's stopping a character from making 20+ bombs before a battle and just throwing them around like a madman?
(06-04-2017, 03:57 PM)Azurift Wrote:

This seems a bit overpowered. Do the bombs have to be concocted on the battlefield or else they go inert or something? If not, what's stopping a character from making 20+ bombs before a battle and just throwing them around like a madman?

There is nothing stopping them from doing just that. Its a supernatural ability to concoct these bombs, therefore, they only get one attack with it.
I've noticed something a bit off with Engulfing Winds a 1st level blue mage spell. The damage output for a 1st level even for half damage with a save seems higher than most 1st level spells. It almost does as much damage as some of the 3rd level spells just without the area of effect. I wasn't sure if this was meant to be a 2nd level spell or was set up that way since its one of the few damaging 1st level spells with a save for damage.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
(06-05-2017, 09:50 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 03:57 PM)Azurift Wrote:

There is nothing stopping them from doing just that. Its a supernatural ability to concoct these bombs, therefore, they only get one attack with it.

Its a little high for the start, but Blue Mage spells are usually higher, plus compared to Burning Hands PF, at max damage, is less than that and only affects one person.
I was looking to see what alternate favored class bonuses are available to gamblers when I noticed a few things I thought I'd mention. I noticed their weren't any favored class bonuses for a couple classes, such as the gambler, as well as several races having very few favored class options in general. Their was also an instance I caught with the Tarutaru that get a bonus to a nonexistent skill, Knowledge (Beast Lore), with their favored class bonus.

Less of a mistake, but I feel like the favored class bonuses are in need an update.

ADD: Also, your new samurai can't use his merciful eyes or starry eyes ability, since you only get 1 immediate action a round

Third Eye (Ex): At 10th level, the samurai’s senses are so keen that he is able to predict where to dodge an opponent’s attacks. As an immediate action, the samurai can make a DC 20 Reflex save to evade one attack. The samurai can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier.

Starry Eyes (Ex): At 16th level, when the samurai dodges an attack while using Third Eye, he may, as an immediate action, make an attack of opportunity with a melee attack against the opponent attempting to strike him.

Merciful Eyes (Ex): Also at 16th level, when the samurai dodges an attack while using Third Eye, he may, as an immediate action, gain temporary hit points equal to his samurai level that last until the end of combat or is lost.
(06-12-2017, 01:27 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: I was looking to see what alternate favored class bonuses are available to gamblers when I noticed a few things I thought I'd mention. I noticed their weren't any favored class bonuses for a couple classes, such as the gambler, as well as several races having very few favored class options in general. Their was also an instance I caught with the Tarutaru that get a bonus to a nonexistent skill, Knowledge (Beast Lore), with their favored class bonus.

Less of a mistake, but I feel like the favored class bonuses are in need an update.

ADD: Also, your new samurai can't use his merciful eyes or starry eyes ability, since you only get 1 immediate action a round

Third Eye (Ex): At 10th level, the samurai’s senses are so keen that he is able to predict where to dodge an opponent’s attacks. As an immediate action, the samurai can make a DC 20 Reflex save to evade one attack. The samurai can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier.

Starry Eyes (Ex): At 16th level, when the samurai dodges an attack while using Third Eye, he may, as an immediate action, make an attack of opportunity with a melee attack against the opponent attempting to strike him.

Merciful Eyes (Ex): Also at 16th level, when the samurai dodges an attack while using Third Eye, he may, as an immediate action, gain temporary hit points equal to his samurai level that last until the end of combat or is lost.
Shut up, vil will beat me with the stick again.
But yeah blame the third eye on me. They should be used as part of activating third eye.
Other stuff yell at vil for. Beast lore used to be for bluemage till a change.
(06-12-2017, 04:24 PM)NeloAngelo Wrote:
(06-12-2017, 01:27 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: I was looking to see what alternate favored class bonuses are available to gamblers when I noticed a few things I thought I'd mention. I noticed their weren't any favored class bonuses for a couple classes, such as the gambler, as well as several races having very few favored class options in general. Their was also an instance I caught with the Tarutaru that get a bonus to a nonexistent skill, Knowledge (Beast Lore), with their favored class bonus.

Shut up, vil will beat me with the stick again.
But yeah blame the third eye on me. They should be used as part of activating third eye.
Other stuff yell at vil for. Beast lore used to be for bluemage till a change
/borrows Lucille from Negan.

Fixed the Samurai. I'll get the other favored class abilities soon.
I can't help but feel like the Gambler's Gill Toss ability was meant to have its 1d6 damage scale with level. If not, it is an incredibly weak attack, as a majority of the time it does 1d6 or even no damage at all.

Gil Toss (Su): At 1st level, a gambler places his material fortunes on the line to make an attack. A gambler may spontaneously spend 10 gil per gambler level, and make a ranged touch attack against any opponent within 30 feet. Money used in gil toss is lost, vanishing after use. He deals 1d6 points of physical damage (piercing, slashing, or bludgeoning, his choice).

As part of this ability, he may also roll 1d4 to increase the risk. Rolling less than half the total of the die (1 or 2 on a d4, for example) reduces your damage by -2d6 and -1d6 respectively. Rolling higher (3 or 4 on a d4, for example) increases it by the appropriate amount (+1d6, +2d6). Taking a higher risk die may increase the results by much more damage, or much less (even negating the gambler’s damage entirely if he has lost more die than he had).

At 5th level, the gambler upgrades the die to a 1d6. At 10th level, the gambler can roll two dice and upgrades the die to a 1d8. At 20th level, the gambler can roll three dice and upgrades the die to a 1d10.
(06-13-2017, 11:53 AM)timtheenchanter Wrote: I can't help but feel like the Gambler's Gill Toss ability was meant to have its 1d6 damage scale with level. If not, it is an incredibly weak attack, as a majority of the time it does 1d6 or even no damage at all.

Gil Toss (Su): At 1st level, a gambler places his material fortunes on the line to make an attack. A gambler may spontaneously spend 10 gil per gambler level, and make a ranged touch attack against any opponent within 30 feet. Money used in gil toss is lost, vanishing after use. He deals 1d6 points of physical damage (piercing, slashing, or bludgeoning, his choice).

As part of this ability, he may also roll 1d4 to increase the risk. Rolling less than half the total of the die (1 or 2 on a d4, for example) reduces your damage by -2d6 and -1d6 respectively. Rolling higher (3 or 4 on a d4, for example) increases it by the appropriate amount (+1d6, +2d6). Taking a higher risk die may increase the results by much more damage, or much less (even negating the gambler’s damage entirely if he has lost more die than he had).

At 5th level, the gambler upgrades the die to a 1d6. At 10th level, the gambler can roll two dice and upgrades the die to a 1d8. At 20th level, the gambler can roll three dice and upgrades the die to a 1d10.

Well, its a gamble, for sure. But the gambler has many ways to increase his chances.