Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Errors and Mistakes
(04-24-2016, 12:13 AM)Zwordsman Wrote: Not sure if this is an error or intentional.
I assume it is an error based on how most other Limit Breaks are; and seemingly what determines whether a limit break is swift, standard, etc.

Chemist
Mega-Potion (Su): This Limit Break transforms a single potion into a very potent version. All variable, numeric effects are maximized and doubled. It lasts for the duration of 1 round + 1 round per four chemist levels before it loses all potency.

This is currently a standard action. So it would be a standard action to make it potent, then next round to use it. Given how Perfect bombs, and acouple other Limit Breaks work, I had been automatically assuming that it was a swift action.
So I thought I'd confirm that it is suppose to be a standard action.

Yeah, suppose to be swift.
Noticed Throw Potion was changed. and I love it. There is a left over Potion phrasing though

Throw Alchemical Item (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, a chemist can Throw Alchemical Items to allies within 15 feet. This improves by an additional 15 feet for every four levels afterwards to a maximum of 60 feet. The chemist must hit an AC of 10 (+/- from size). The recipient must have a hand free to catch the potion. If the recipient is adjacent to an enemy, he provokes an attack of opportunity. If the chemist has multiple attacks, he can throw up to that many alchemical items as a full-attack action.

and I suppose while i'm here. This is likely not a mistake, but I wanted to confirm. Feels weird to ask in a new thread so I'll just leave it here.

Alchemical items. Such as Artic Wind. It specifies it uses the spell Blizzard II, and lists the damage it does.
Does it cast the spell proper, or just do ice damage? I ask because the spell version of Blizzard II also inflicts Frozen status via a DC roll. (which i'm not sure what DC that'd be)

So far I'm just assuming it only does the ice damage and not any extra effects not listed in the table. And vastly prefer this set up. But someone brought it up and I'd never thought about it before (As I've never looked up the spell other than distance so I know how far the item can be used)
(04-25-2016, 12:43 AM)Zwordsman Wrote: Noticed Throw Potion was changed. and I love it. There is a left over Potion phrasing though

Throw Alchemical Item (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, a chemist can Throw Alchemical Items to allies within 15 feet. This improves by an additional 15 feet for every four levels afterwards to a maximum of 60 feet. The chemist must hit an AC of 10 (+/- from size). The recipient must have a hand free to catch the potion. If the recipient is adjacent to an enemy, he provokes an attack of opportunity. If the chemist has multiple attacks, he can throw up to that many alchemical items as a full-attack action.

and I suppose while i'm here. This is likely not a mistake, but I wanted to confirm. Feels weird to ask in a new thread so I'll just leave it here.

Alchemical items. Such as Artic Wind. It specifies it uses the spell Blizzard II, and lists the damage it does.
Does it cast the spell proper, or just do ice damage? I ask because the spell version of Blizzard II also inflicts Frozen status via a DC roll. (which i'm not sure what DC that'd be)

So far I'm just assuming it only does the ice damage and not any extra effects not listed in the table. And vastly prefer this set up. But someone brought it up and I'd never thought about it before (As I've never looked up the spell other than distance so I know how far the item can be used)

Damn, I'll fix that error. But yes, only damage only.
Puppeteer archetype of Engineer. It does not trade "rough and ready" from the original Engineer class. (Unless it was suppose to be the trade for halt or directives)
So they keep that but as far as I know they can't use it.
It would be pretty awesome to have the ability to deploy a puppet or give a directieve as a swift. (The latter I imagine being more proper)

It is a bloody amazing archetype I think, took a few read through to get but man excited.

Rough and Ready (Ex): At 3rd level, the engineer has trained with activating his gadgets under pressure that it becomes almost intuition to bring them to bear as his hands move with blinding speed. Once per day, the engineer can activate a single gadget that requires a standard action to activate as a swift action. At 7th level and every four levels beyond, the engineer can use this ability one additional time per day to a maximum of 4 times per day at 15th level.
(05-06-2016, 03:39 PM)Zwordsman Wrote: Puppeteer archetype of Engineer. It does not trade "rough and ready" from the original Engineer class. (Unless it was suppose to be the trade for halt or directives)
So they keep that but as far as I know they can't use it.
It would be pretty awesome to have the ability to deploy a puppet or give a directieve as a swift. (The latter I imagine being more proper)

It is a bloody amazing archetype I think, took a few read through to get but man excited.

Rough and Ready (Ex): At 3rd level, the engineer has trained with activating his gadgets under pressure that it becomes almost intuition to bring them to bear as his hands move with blinding speed. Once per day, the engineer can activate a single gadget that requires a standard action to activate as a swift action. At 7th level and every four levels beyond, the engineer can use this ability one additional time per day to a maximum of 4 times per day at 15th level.

I'll fix that, thanks!
Hi, a couple of things to bring up

summoners

The pheonix avatar dosen't list the attribute used to determine the DC of its saving throws. I assume its supposed to be constitution like the other avatars?

also, on the subject of avatars, what attribute do they use to determine the save DC of spells they cast (such as ifrits fire II)?

Ninja

The Ninja class lists a silent step class feature at level 19, but it dosen't seem to exist. was this a considered feature that was taken out, or a typo?

thanks for writing up the system. it looks great fun
I am unsure if this is an error, or if I'm being weird.

TLDR: Puppet Master's automaton and Alpha seem to be missing base AC(is it just 10, and no bonuses unlike the original Automaton), and base Speed. Additionally, Alpha states it can not use armour, while puppets do not have any restrictions.

Engineer Puppet automaton.
What are their base AC?
The Alpha and the puppet automaton I see no indication of their base AC.
There are plenty of Innovations and greater Inovations that provide AC bonus. There are listings about the Alpha not being able to wear armour (Although I don't remember seeing one for the puppets now that I think about it. I assume you meant to disallow a puppet master from being small light armor for them) but over all I can not find anything listing their AC itself.

So should it be assumed they have only 10 AC and only gain more from Innovations, Master's prescence, and then DEX bonuses?
10+Masters BAB +Innovations+dex (Does it have any AC bonuses for its size? or is that preworked into it in someway?)
Well, in theory it should have some sort of AC bonus due to being small sized as well?

Weirdly prior to realizing that I didn't know their AC (was writing blueprint stat boxes for easy grabbing) I had been thinking that I would just end up choosing the platting from the standard automaton.. but I don't think that is right.

Also. I realized while writing this, there aren't any indication of base movement speeds that I noticed either.

or were we suppose to chose (for each blueprint) one of the base models (aquatic, humanoid, tread, serpentine) use its' speed, and or base AC bonus, and replace everything else listed on the table in puppetry. If this is the case, if we chose humanoid does it come with Arms for free?

I feel like using the 4 base models, their movements, and the small starting AC bonus might be the easiest answer to this question. That would solve the AC confusion (Except maybe; armour on small puppets, the size bonus thing. but its easy enough to ignore and just assume it comes from the base model's ac bonus) improve the concept of puppet creation variety, solve the speed issue as well.

In which case, would any of their choices for blueprints be permi? Or woud it just change as one changes blueprints?
"The battlefield minstrel is an archetype of the battlefield minstrel class."

Hmmm... Seems legit.
(03-04-2017, 04:37 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: "The battlefield minstrel is an archetype of the battlefield minstrel class."

Hmmm... Seems legit.

Shhh, you didn't see this.
I was looking at white wind and it shows it as a 4th level spell on the blue mage spell list but in the spell description as a 3rd level spell.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
(03-07-2017, 03:17 AM)Fortheseen Wrote: I was looking at white wind and it shows it as a 4th level spell on the blue mage spell list but in the spell description as a 3rd level spell.

Thanks for the catch, its suppose to be 3rd level.
Something I noticed while thumbing through the rules:

In the Materia .pdf, the rules state that only one materia can be in a weapon or armor at a time, though there's an example that describes somebody wielding a weapon with two materia in one weapon.
(03-14-2017, 05:47 AM)Aaron der Schaedel Wrote: Something I noticed while thumbing through the rules:

In the Materia .pdf, the rules state that only one materia can be in a weapon or armor at a time, though there's an example that describes somebody wielding a weapon with two materia in one weapon.

Thanks for the catch, I'll fix that. That was the old rules before it got nerfed.
Another issue I noticed -- I haven't been able to find any mention of what the "Squalled" status effect does, which is referred to a few times in the spell lists. (Particularly ones that include "Aero" spells.)

Additionally, none of the links to the bestiary seem to work anymore.

And since I don't want to seem like I'm just nitpicking -- I'm very impressed with this project.
On the home page, click "Magic", and there'll be "Status Effects" as one of the options; it's listed there, but I'll give you some copypasta to save the trouble.

"Squalled: Wind surrounds the character's body, making it difficult to concentrate and to make ranged weapon attack rolls. Characters that are inflicted with this status effect suffer a -2 penalty to Concentration checks and -1 penalty to ranged weapon attack rolls. This effect lasts for 1 round and then the wind dies down."
(03-16-2017, 10:15 PM)Aaron der Schaedel Wrote: Additionally, none of the links to the bestiary seem to work anymore.

And since I don't want to seem like I'm just nitpicking -- I'm very impressed with this project.

Which ones? I checked a majority of the Bestiary, and all the PDFs I checked were there as well as the Bestiary individual descriptions.

And thank you Smile
(03-17-2017, 12:49 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 10:15 PM)Aaron der Schaedel Wrote: Additionally, none of the links to the bestiary seem to work anymore.

Which ones? I checked a majority of the Bestiary, and all the PDFs I checked were there as well as the Bestiary individual descriptions.

And thank you Smile

I think he might be talking about the Primals on the bestiary tab. I've noticed a couple(Garuda & Leviathan) of them are blank to me on the website.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
(03-17-2017, 01:01 AM)Fortheseen Wrote:

And thank you Smile

I think he might be talking about the Primals on the bestiary tab. I've noticed a couple(Garuda & Leviathan) of them are blank to me on the website.

Oh, those. Yeah, I haven't finished them.
(03-17-2017, 01:19 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 01:01 AM)Fortheseen Wrote:

And thank you Smile

Oh, those. Yeah, I haven't finished them.

Alright, I found the source of my confusion -- when I initially made the few posts here, I was only able to find the .pdfs that were linked on the forums, ergo why I missed so many things that were obvious to everybody else.

I did manage to find the website where the full pdf was, instead of the fragments posted here on the forums.

So uh...you might want to disregard all the uninformed posts I made earlier.
I know this isn't an error on the website per say but is anyone having issues updating posts or replies on this forums? I can only do quick updates or quick replies. It would not be too much of a problem if I didn't have a lot to put on per post.

Actually, nevermind I'm liking the quick updates a little better lol...