Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Errors and Mistakes
The Poison status effect in ffd20 is the non-elemental damage, I think it's explained in the Magic section somewhere.

As with the Web spell in DnD, it might mean that if the RTA hits (DnD doesn't require one, mind) you're still 'entangled' in that you take the penalties, but a reflex save allows you to move at half speed as if you'd broken out already so you can avoid the penalties and damage by leaving the area.

I could be very wrong though, just how I interpreted it.
but POISON is a status effect, which means that some things can be immune to it, while flat out damage is much less likely to be (wording is veeery important for things like that)

and I'm mostly pointing out that they all claim to be the same spell, yet all of them give quite different information.

ADD: Also, the 10000 needles spell states you learn it from a cactuar elite, but i've been unable to find said creature on the site. As a side note relevant to this, I would love to see more creatures in the bestiary, as well as some categorization for ease of use (like monsters by type/CR)
(08-24-2014, 12:56 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: but POISON is a status effect, which means that some things can be immune to it, while flat out damage is much less likely to be (wording is veeery important for things like that)

and I'm mostly pointing out that they all claim to be the same spell, yet all of them give quite different information.

ADD: Also, the 10000 needles spell states you learn it from a cactuar elite, but i've been unable to find said creature on the site. As a side note relevant to this, I would love to see more creatures in the bestiary, as well as some categorization for ease of use (like monsters by type/CR)

I had forgotten about the Cactuar Elite as well as a couple of other monsters that I had designed for my PCs in my old game. I'll get it eventually. Smile
Minor gripe:
Firearms: (No mention of gun-blades in it)

Omission of the "grit" system for those who arn't pathfinder savy. Ahem you know because I am an idiot who looks up things and still gets confused as we all know.

Secondary:
Also dealing with fire arms.

If you had the alchemical bullet class skill, the gun smithing feat, and a couple other things.. How does one make unique custom ammo from the spell crafting chemist thing.

Like for example I wanted to make an arctic wind bullet.
Would I just need a standard bullet, a bliz 2 scroll, and yada to have a custom ready to order bullet.

Kinda same on how would I apply that to a gun magazine, or 6 shots like a revolver.

I'm not meaning the temporary application mod, just using the skill
Alchemical Bullet (Ex), with feats a gunsmith would have in commentary function.

(Not talking about chronotrigger or gunmage here just simple chemist)
At this point ffd20 is a supplement of PF, not it's own entirely separate system so Vil likely doesn't want to host any and everything that he borrows from PF such as their feats and whatnot.

Grit is in the Gunner class iirc, not firearms. If you think it's missing anything just read through the gunslinger class for Pathfinder as it's entirely based off that.

Alchemical Bullet has nothing to do with adding spells to ammunition, it allows you to add the effects of a Chemist's bomb or other Alrchemical Item to a bullet in a very clearly stated fashion- either as part of the standard action used to load and fire or as a move action to load prior to firing depending on what item you're trying to use.

If you wanted to make magic ammunition it would work the same way as crafting a magic item- requiring the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat. 50 pieces of ammunition can be enchanted at once at the same price as a single weapon, as stated in magic item crafting for both 3.5 and PF. So if you wanted to make 50 +1 flaming bullets it would cost 4,000 gil plus the price of 50 bullets to craft, or 8,000 plus the price of 50 bullets for market prices. In PF you can bypass spell requirements by increasing the craft DC by +5, so if you can get your modifier up high enough no need for scrolls and such.
(09-04-2014, 03:43 AM)dairius_chi Wrote: At this point ffd20 is a supplement of PF, not it's own entirely separate system so Vil likely doesn't want to host any and everything that he borrows from PF such as their feats and whatnot.

Grit is in the Gunner class iirc, not firearms. If you think it's missing anything just read through the gunslinger class for Pathfinder as it's entirely based off that.

Alchemical Bullet has nothing to do with adding spells to ammunition, it allows you to add the effects of a Chemist's bomb or other Alrchemical Item to a bullet in a very clearly stated fashion- either as part of the standard action used to load and fire or as a move action to load prior to firing depending on what item you're trying to use.

If you wanted to make magic ammunition it would work the same way as crafting a magic item- requiring the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat. 50 pieces of ammunition can be enchanted at once at the same price as a single weapon, as stated in magic item crafting for both 3.5 and PF. So if you wanted to make 50 +1 flaming bullets it would cost 4,000 gil plus the price of 50 bullets to craft, or 8,000 plus the price of 50 bullets for market prices. In PF you can bypass spell requirements by increasing the craft DC by +5, so if you can get your modifier up high enough no need for scrolls and such.

Wouldn't it just be craft alchemical item feat , gun smithing , and spell component (as well as the price of the amount of bullets)

Since gunsmithing lets you craft bullets.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/gunsmithing

"Crafting Ammunition: You can craft bullets, pellets, and black powder for a cost in raw materials equal to 10% of the price. If you have at least 1 rank in Craft (alchemy), you can craft alchemical cartridges for a cost in raw materials equal to half the price of the cartridge. At your GM’s discretion, you can craft metal cartridges for a cost in raw materials equal to half the cost of the cartridge. Crafting bullets, black powder, or cartridges takes 1 day of work for every 1,000 gp of ammunition (minimum 1 day)."

How would you interpret that since this is pathfinders ruling on the matter, and I was basing that on the ffd20 alchemical bullet rule saying a gunsmith "would" have access, to help with the discoveries a chemist would have (outside grenade gun).

Would that seem to far fetched from that standpoint ?
No, there is no such thing as an 'Alchemical Bullet' item, what you're describing doesn't exist.

To bestow spell effects onto ammunition you would have to craft some +1 Spell Storing bullets(using the standard for crafting magic ammunition), and have a mage store spells in them.

The 10% cost is for mundane ammunition, adding magical enhancements to it works the way crafting magic weapons always works.

Again- All Alchemical Bullet lets you do is add a bomb or alchemical item to a bullet in the same round you fire it, this has nothing to do with crafting ammunition with such effects already attached.

In pathfinder I believe there is a hollow-point bullet that can be used to store Holy Water and such, that'd be your best bet but it would only work for standard PF alchemical items such as Holy Water, Acid Flask, Alchemist's Fire, etc... None of the ffd20 'alchemical items' that reproduce spell effects.

It doesn't seem farfetched to craft an 'arctic wind bullet' but you'd have to use items like a Lightning Javelin and other single-use weapons that are consumed in the process for a basis on how to price them since as is there are no solid rules for it.

I don't mean to offend, but your posts are incredibly difficult to read and make sense of- if you have any complex rules questions maybe you should ask one of your other online friends to post about it since I'm picking up English may not be your first language?
the prankster makes mention of a duration for the Punchline ability, but doesn't say how long the duration is.
(09-05-2014, 02:00 AM)timtheenchanter Wrote: the prankster makes mention of a duration for the Punchline ability, but doesn't say how long the duration is.

The duration is based off Bardic Performance duration.
The Red Warrior class has a couple of things off about it, though not necessarily mistakes.

It says in his Arcane Pool that he has his level (minimum 1) + his Charisma. Either you left out, "half" for the level part, the, "(minimum 1)" is for his Charisma bonus and is in the wrong place, or the "(minimum 1)" is just unnecessary.

Also the Mighty Resilience states that you ignore one critical hit or sneak attack as long as he has at least 1 Arcane Point in his pool. It is not stated if this is one per round, encounter, day etc.

On a different note, the Mandragora's Dark Root alternate racial trait replaces Plantkin, which isn't a thing.
Just a really minor thing, in the Blue Mage skill list, it says Lingistics instead of Linguistics.
(09-05-2014, 04:56 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: The Red Warrior class has a couple of things off about it, though not necessarily mistakes.

It says in his Arcane Pool that he has his level (minimum 1) + his Charisma. Either you left out, "half" for the level part, the, "(minimum 1)" is for his Charisma bonus and is in the wrong place, or the "(minimum 1)" is just unnecessary.

Also the Mighty Resilience states that you ignore one critical hit or sneak attack as long as he has at least 1 Arcane Point in his pool. It is not stated if this is one per round, encounter, day etc.

On a different note, the Mandragora's Dark Root alternate racial trait replaces Plantkin, which isn't a thing.

Thanks, I'll get onto fixing these errors. Smile

(09-05-2014, 05:49 PM)Violetlantern658 Wrote: Just a really minor thing, in the Blue Mage skill list, it says Lingistics instead of Linguistics.

Thanks, I'll fix that. Smile
At the very end of precision shot, it says thief instead of archer, and sneak attack instead of precision shot.

Precision Shot Wrote:A thief cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment.
(09-16-2014, 06:12 PM)Luphey Wrote: At the very end of precision shot, it says thief instead of archer, and sneak attack instead of precision shot.

Precision Shot Wrote:A thief cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment.

Sneaky errors! Thanks, I'll fix that.
This isn't so much an error, but..

On the Sorcerer archetype page, you have Bloodline magic at the very bottom of the page, even though it says it is a 5th level ability. Also every other class feature that is gained at a specific level is italicized rather than bolded. I know that they fall under the Bloodline powers ability, which replaces all the black magery's , but there aren't choices to take for abilities(like with black magery), you just get them at that level instead of a black magery, so it feels a little unnecessary to put all those effects under that one ability.

But still, love the sorcerer archetype, gonna roll one out for a villain in tonight's session.
(10-05-2014, 01:31 PM)LucarinZer0 Wrote: Alright, as a quick look over the holy knight, I have found that there's a grammatical error in every blessing. (Blinded: The target is no longer the Blind status effect.) It should say that they are no longer UNDER a status effect.

As well, under their auras, they give an elemental resistance (all) at 19th level. What does this mean? Normally a number for the resistance is given, this is probably just a typo from before the removal of elemental affinities.

Thanks, I'll fix that.
Anyone see any Pathfinder feats that needs to be converted? For example, I did all the metamagic feats and channel energy feats.
What about feats like Arcane Blast or Arcane Shield? While simple enough to convert over, having an actual conversion for it on the site would be nice. Not necessarily need, mind you.
(01-20-2015, 09:44 PM)Freeray Wrote: What about feats like Arcane Blast or Arcane Shield? While simple enough to convert over, having an actual conversion for it on the site would be nice. Not necessarily need, mind you.

I will look into this. Smile Thanks.
Something of note in regards to the armor change: Blue Mage, Airborne Ambusher, and Soldier make references to the old system.

Blue Mage mentions it under Armored Mage.
The archetypes mention it under their armor proficiency.