Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Appreciated
Hey there. My friend and I were playing some Final Fantasy XIV and I was talking to him about the job system used in III and V and one thing led to another and I started searching google to see if anyone had created a tabletop rpg with Final Fantasy as a basis. We are both pretty excited about what we read on here. We love that it has stuff from all of the games, especially the XI stuff which we both loved.

Our only problem is that we are complete n00bs at all of this. We've tried to get into tabletop gaming before but it never truly works out. He has books for Pathfinder so that this uses that as it's core works out great for both of us, but we aren't entirely sure where to go from there.

I guess my major question is if there are any pre-made campaigns out there we can do? The Introduction mentions that the campaigns for ffd20 are more grand and involved than usual, but I don't suppose there is any way for the two of us to play any of them by ourselves, is there? At most we'd be able to get one other person to join us and one of us could be the GM/DM/Whatever, but would that person have to come up with the story and all the rules? Because we'd all be new at it.

Any other advice/help would also be appreciated. We'd love to try this out, but are a bit lost.
There is currently no pre-made campaigns. I'm not great at making campaigns. Best bet is to find like-minded individuals who want to play or even know how to play and go from there.
Alright, thanks for the response.
Gaming stores are great places. Here in OKC we have one called Game HQ and there is a message board that gamers frequently put their numbers on to be called in for a game. My advice is to not be too choosy at first. Make some connections and find some like minded people. I would invite you to my game if you were in OKC area