Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaws in Final Fantasy 8?
Can someone please explain to me why so many people are saying that Final Fantasy 8 was flawed in so many ways? FF8 is my all time favourite in the series and, apart from Edea's parade float facing the wrong direction in the FMV, I can't see nothing wrong with it.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks
seems like this topic should be in the general Final Fantasy discussion but my opinion on what OTHERS think? OMG they look human! It's different and I'm scared!
Tongue
I have no probs personally
Hahaha probably true that Big Grin
The leveling was wonky. Monster levels = Squall's level. Make him die early on without raising him and you can clear the game so much easier
And what was wrong with that? That was one of my favourite strategies lol.
How about grinding fr cards before going into fire cavern and transforming them into the strongest spells?
FF8 is either your favorite in the series, or the wonkiest leveling system in the series.
Final fantasy 2 had the wonkiest levelling system
To power level you beat your self up
Kooky
<(°_°^) (^°_°^) (^°_°)>
I know a lot of people also disliked the draw system. It wasn't my favorite (That will always be FFVI), but I also didn't hate it.
I thought a lot of the characters were just bland. Their stats were not varied enough to make anyone a prime choice for any strategy, ie Dedicated Spellcaster, melee-er, thief, etc.

But i DO remember using a gameshark as a kid to get Selphie's limit-spells as normal, and junctioning Rapture to elememral defenses so everything healed. Also, Diablos is the coolest Summon period.
There was an item... that made you invincible.

As a player- WOW! Invicible-ness, that is SO COOL! But it kinda thwarts the entire challenge of the game. The draw system is what miffs most people I think (that and the fact that chicken-wuss is considered the ULTIMATE in insults) and it has its problems but I didn't hate it so much.

The final boss battle is what got me the most... I had all my GFs bound to my party and BAM! Random arrangement... I don't even think the game hinted it was going to do that (and this was before I played my RPGs in tandem with a walkthrough guide) and that was SO frustrating.

Did anyone else think Cid looked like Robin Williams? I can't NOT see RW whenever Cid is on screen. That is neither here nor there (actually the "nanunanu" voice made Cid a little cooler for me).
I liked FF8. I liked the Junctioning system and the Draw system myself. Was it perfect? No. What it Bad? No, i believe it was good for what it was and i enjoyed it. I wish there was just some more clarification on story (Ive gone through a lot of fan theories)

"I" enjoyed it. Everyone is different. Maybe it just got a lot of hate cause it didnt add up to FF7s materia system? Idk. I can agree with the bland characters in combat. I just looked at LBs for choice (Squall, Zell, Rinoa.)
I liked the story, thats it.

EDIT: And the characters, of course.
I junctioned Material to make people what I wanted them to be. Zell was super speedy, had Auto-Haste, and had Cerberus to give everyone Double/Triple. Squall was everything physical- fast, tough, strong, not the best of the best but everything was good. Rinoa, Selphie, and Quistis were primarily mages, Selphie did have some physical stats to boast though. Irving was all about massive damage in a single shot.

By the end? Cerberus Triple and Comet/Flare/Ultima spam was what I did. Didn't have a Gameshark that worked with my PS1 but I farmed for 100 of every magic by the end of the game.
(07-20-2015, 03:55 PM)dairius_chi Wrote: I junctioned Material to make people what I wanted them to be. Zell was super speedy, had Auto-Haste, and had Cerberus to give everyone Double/Triple. Squall was everything physical- fast, tough, strong, not the best of the best but everything was good. Rinoa, Selphie, and Quistis were primarily mages, Selphie did have some physical stats to boast though. Irving was all about massive damage in a single shot.

By the end? Cerberus Triple and Comet/Flare/Ultima spam was what I did. Didn't have a Gameshark that worked with my PS1 but I farmed for 100 of every magic by the end of the game.

Sounds about right. Though i just spammed aura on squall and buffed with zell and rinoa and just did Renzokuken spam.