Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deities
While not prevalent in most FF games, there were a couple that held gods or god-like entities. I intend to incorporate some of these in my future campaigns and perhaps future FFd20 stuff.

Deity List:

Greater Gods:

Althena: Neutral good goddess of song, serenity, and protection.
Bahamut: Called the Platinum Dragon, Bahamut is the Lawful Good god of justice, protection, nobility, and honor. Lawful good knights often revere him, and dragons worship him as the first of their kind. Monarchs are crowned in his name.
Kefka: Chaotic evil god of the magic, destruction, and madness.

Old Gods:

Alexander: Lawful Good god of healing and law.
Hades: Evil god of death and sickness.
Ifrit: Neutral god of fire and war.
Leviathan: Neutral god of water and serpents.
Phoenix: Neutral Good god of fire and rebirth.
Ramuh: Chaotic Good god of lightning and knowledge.
Shiva: Neutral goddess of ice and beauty.

New Gods:

Althyk the Keeper: Neutral god of space and time.
Azeyma the Warden: Neutral god of the sun and inquiry.
Byregot the Builder: Neutral Good god of architecture and the arts.
Halone the Fury: Chaotic Neutral goddess of war and ice.
Llymlaen the Navigator: Neutral goddess of the seas and navigation.
Menphina the Lover: Chaotic Good goddess of love and the twin moons.
Nald'thal the Trader: Neutral god of commerce and transactions.
Nophica the Matron: Neutral Good goddess of abundance and harvests.
Nymeia the Spinner: Neutral goddess of fate and celestial bodies.
Oschon the Wanderer: Neutral god of vagrants and mountains.
Rhalgr the Destroyer: Lawful Evil god of destruction.
Thaliak the Scholar: Lawful Neutral god of wisdom and knowledge.
So would above the greater deities or in addition to them be:
[Image: Cosmosfullart.png]
Cosmos; Goddess of Harmony
[Image: DissidiaChaos.png]
Chaos; God of Discord
[Image: GoldShinryu.PNG]
Shinryu; Enforcer of the Balance
I figured I'd throw Minerva out there, since she is similar to a God-like entity.
I suppose it's important to note religious significance in a few key areas of each game and pseudo-deific forces existing within the game world. For example, the church in Midgar that Aerith grows flowers in is not defined as being a church of any particular deity, but it is said to be a church. Is it possible that the Lifeforce, though not a deity per se has the capacity to act as one under certain circumstances, or is it simply acting through Aerith?

Likewise, the Li-Grim of FFTA bears deific-like powers, particularly in relation to the creation of a dream world and the power held therein. Her, combined with the totemas of that world are the things holding them together.

I guess this is stuff that would fit very well into an areas/territories pack that went into more detail as to the geopolitical makeup of each world. Intriguing stuff, this.
If you have any criticisms or points you wish to raise with me, please let me know. It is only through knowing how I fail that I can eventually succeed.
(05-23-2013, 09:47 AM)Kaiser6012 Wrote: I suppose it's important to note religious significance in a few key areas of each game and pseudo-deific forces existing within the game world. For example, the church in Midgar that Aerith grows flowers in is not defined as being a church of any particular deity, but it is said to be a church. Is it possible that the Lifeforce, though not a deity per se has the capacity to act as one under certain circumstances, or is it simply acting through Aerith?

Likewise, the Li-Grim of FFTA bears deific-like powers, particularly in relation to the creation of a dream world and the power held therein. Her, combined with the totemas of that world are the things holding them together.

I guess this is stuff that would fit very well into an areas/territories pack that went into more detail as to the geopolitical makeup of each world. Intriguing stuff, this.

In FF14, its mainly for fluff, but they have deities for each month. The New Gods, I put them under.
H-uh. Interesting.
There are a few instances of there being major pantheons or creatures of such power they could be considered gods being already established, but I think that actually going all-out and calling them "gods" might just be a first. The closest I can think of are the Occuria from FF XII, the Triad (Lady, Beast and Daemon? I think?) from FF VI and the Totema from FFTA.
If you have any criticisms or points you wish to raise with me, please let me know. It is only through knowing how I fail that I can eventually succeed.
I just noticed Althena in that list (song, serenity and protection), Isn't that Lunar?
(05-31-2013, 06:03 PM)Solidchaos Wrote: I just noticed Althena in that list (song, serenity and protection), Isn't that Lunar?

Hee. Yeah.
(05-31-2013, 06:53 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 06:03 PM)Solidchaos Wrote: I just noticed Althena in that list (song, serenity and protection), Isn't that Lunar?

Hee. Yeah.

Nice to know I still know my classic RPGs Smile
(05-31-2013, 09:12 PM)Solidchaos Wrote:

Hee. Yeah.

Nice to know I still know my classic RPGs Smile

Lunar 1 and 2 are my favorite RPGs, top 1 and 2, actually.
I cant believe i missed that =_= and ive been singing the intro of lunar 1 all week too

Hee. Yeah.

My first thought was of Dragon's Crown, actually. They have three goddesses in that game: Althena, Jula, and Vernas.