Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gria help
Ive been playing for a while now trying to make a Gria Judge Magister. Problem is, You automatically wear plate as a judge and i still wish for my Gria to be able to fly around a small amount. Does anyone know any way for me to wear plate and still fly?
(05-13-2013, 05:02 PM)Demonbane13 Wrote: Ive been playing for a while now trying to make a Gria Judge Magister. Problem is, You automatically wear plate as a judge and i still wish for my Gria to be able to fly around a small amount. Does anyone know any way for me to wear plate and still fly?

That will be a no.
I vaguely recall some feats (draconomicon?) that allow someone to fly in heavy armor. That's 3.5, though. You might consider making some alternate racial trait. Maybe reduce land and fly speed to 20 ft. but let you carry a heavy load without slowing down and you can wear plate mail while flying. In this case, I'd suggest hammering out the details with either Vil or the DM of the game you're going to play in.
Ok, thanks, maybe we will work out a feat or something for later levels.
You could use these feats from The Races of the Dragon;

REINFORCED WINGS
You have strengthened the muscles in your wings.
Prerequisites: Str 13, wings and a glide or fly speed.
Benefit: You can fly in medium armor or with a medium load. Your speed is still reduced by encumbrance due to armor or total weight.
Normal: Flying creatures can't fly in medium or heavy armor or when carrying a heavy load.

HEAVYWEIGHT WINGS
Your superior strength allows you to fly while heavily burdened.
Prerequisites: Str 15, Reinforced Wings, wings and a glide or fly speed.
Benefit: You can fly in heavy armor or with a heavy load. Your speed is still reduced by encumbrance due to armor or total weight.
Normal: Flying creatures can't fly in medium or heavy armor or when carrying a heavy load.