Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rune Knight - Holy Knight Archetype
Rune Knight
The gods whisper into the ears of their chosen teaching them
how to bolster themeselves against evil. The Rune Knight
begins to rely more on these teachings than battle experince.

Scribe Rune:
Beginning at first level a Rune Knight can call upon the
divines to bless his weapon or armor. The Rune Knight may
apply a 1st-level Bard Song to his armor/weapon. (Defensive song=Armor Offensive=Weapon) Any song that affects more than one target only affects you. The level of the song
the Rune Knight can scribe onto his weapon/armor increases at
4th level, and every three level thereafter.

The Rune Knight can only have one rune(Song)/per song lvl active at a time.

Only a Rune Knight has the power to draw upon runes, so his
weapon/armor is treated as non-magical equipment in the hands
of others. Scribing runes requires 2 hours of pray and concentration. The runes last for 24 hours or until the Rune Knight uses Scribe Rune again.

This ability replaces Smite Evil and Blessing

Song Magic:
The Rune Knight learns bard songs rather than white mage
spells. The Rune Mage gains Perform(Sing) as a class skill.

Rune Eruption:
Once per day, as a full-round-action, a Rune Knight can have
his runes affect allies within a 20ft-radius for a duration
of rounds equal to 1d4+Charisma Modifier.

This replaces the Holy Champion Ability
Binding song to your armor? Seems like an interesting idea. Does this have any basis in Final Fantasy?

Scribe Rune: Does it last all day? Can you choose any song at any time? Can you use this more than once a day? At 19th level, you can have up to 7 runes of 7th level or lower up at once? (I'd suggest limiting it to 1 song/song level) Is it supposed to have separate benefits if you bind it to your weapon instead? (Maybe if you scribe it to your weapon, only you get the benefits of the song, but if you scribe it to your armor, everyone but you gets the benefits? Perhaps at half strength.)

Song Magic: If you're getting up to 7th level songs, I'm not really ecstatic about getting up to 4th level songs as well. Still, they affect others so it's probably ok. But this is treated separately from Scribe Rune, right? You can have both active at the same time?
I like the idea, but using Holy Knight for the base, you wouldn't get any bard songs at 1st level as Holy Knights get their spell level at 4th level.
(04-28-2013, 07:35 AM)Viladin Wrote: I like the idea, but using Holy Knight for the base, you wouldn't get any bard songs at 1st level as Holy Knights get their spell level at 4th level.
I was thinking that Scribe Rune and Song Magic weren't related. Otherwise, "The level of the song the Rune Knight can have affect his weapon/armor increases at 4th level, and every three level thereafter." wouldn't be necessary.
(04-28-2013, 08:38 AM)Nihilarian Wrote:
(04-28-2013, 07:35 AM)Viladin Wrote: I like the idea, but using Holy Knight for the base, you wouldn't get any bard songs at 1st level as Holy Knights get their spell level at 4th level.
I was thinking that Scribe Rune and Song Magic weren't related. Otherwise, "The level of the song the Rune Knight can have affect his weapon/armor increases at 4th level, and every three level thereafter." wouldn't be necessary.

I'll try to answer these questions in order before I edit it.

Q"Does it have any basis in Final Fantasy?"
A I got the idea from Dycedarg Beoulve from Tactics.

Q"Does it last all day? Can you choose any song at any time? Can you use this more than once a day?"
A Yes,No,Yes but you would need to pray for another 2 hours. I will edit to clearly define that.

Q"At 19th level, you can have up to 7 runes of 7th level or lower up at once? (I'd suggest limiting it to 1 song/song level)"
A I like your idea, it would balance it better

Q "Is it supposed to have separate benefits if you bind it to your weapon instead?
A Offensive Songs go to weapon, Defensive to Armor. Again I need to work on my editing skills.

Q "But this is treated separately from Scribe Rune, right? You can have both active at the same time?"
A The effects of Scribe Rune only affect a Rune Knight using the weapon or wearing the armor. By giving them other bard songs they can buff the rest of the party as well. You could use a bard song that you have already scribed, but being the same spell the effects would not stack you would just buff the rest of the party.

Now to start editing.
Fixed problems.
[Image: 4.jpg]
(04-30-2013, 04:10 PM)Endwave Wrote: Fixed problems.

Not fixed! The Rune Knight would still only get Bard Songs at 4th level.
(04-30-2013, 04:34 PM)Viladin Wrote:

Isn't that more a problem with the Holy Knight, and by extension, Paladin?
(04-30-2013, 06:39 PM)Nihilarian Wrote:

Not if its a Holy Knight Archetype :p

Just saying the Scribe Rune should be on the same level as Bard Songs.
(04-30-2013, 06:49 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(04-30-2013, 06:39 PM)Nihilarian Wrote:

Not if its a Holy Knight Archetype :p

Just saying the Scribe Rune should be on the same level as Bard Songs.
Vil, I am pretty certain you are reading the ability in a way it was not intended. That or I am.

Scribe Rune lets you choose any bard song of first level and bind it to your equipment. You don't need to know the song in question. You don't have to cast it and spend MP. It's just there all day.

Song Magic is separate. Real casting, just replace White Mage White Magic with Bard Song Magic.

If it's causing this much confusion, perhaps one of the abilities needs to go? I'd like to see Scribe Rune developed further. As for Song Magic, maybe replace it with a limited version of Bardic Performance?
Oh.. then I was misreading it, I thought you had to have the bard song in question.
O_O Am I in trouble?
Yes, for entirely different reason. You nearly caused a party wipe by not being here for the game :p
(05-01-2013, 10:52 PM)Viladin Wrote: Yes, for entirely different reason. You nearly caused a party wipe by not being here for the game :p

Yea I went to see if I was too late when my internet stared working and saw how fucked the situation looked for us...... Sorry.

Also I have never really read into Bardic Performance Nil, do you think it could really replace magic?
(05-03-2013, 12:11 PM)Endwave Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 10:52 PM)Viladin Wrote: Yes, for entirely different reason. You nearly caused a party wipe by not being here for the game :p

Yea I went to see if I was too late when my internet stared working and saw how fucked the situation looked for us...... Sorry.

There was a party wipe, noone died though. And they broke out of where they were jailed. There was some shady ogre shenanigans involving nude catgirls.

Also I have never really read into Bardic Performance Nil, do you think it could really replace magic?
I don't see why not. In fact, I'd say it's more useful overall than up to 4th level spells.
(05-03-2013, 02:45 PM)Nihilarian Wrote:

I don't see why not. In fact, I'd say it's more useful overall than up to 4th level spells.

Back to this nude catgirl thing, could you please explain in detail...... with pictures?
(05-05-2013, 06:40 PM)Endwave Wrote:
(05-03-2013, 02:45 PM)Nihilarian Wrote:

Back to this nude catgirl thing, could you please explain in detail...... with pictures?

Eman had a hard time of it, being the only guy in the party. Too bad you weren't there.
Scribe Rune: Does it last all day? Can you select any music at any time? Can you use this more than once a day? At Nineteenth stage, you can have up to 7 runes of 7th stage or reduced up at once?
(10-04-2013, 04:25 AM)lasa Wrote: Scribe Rune: Does it last all day? Can you select any music at any time? Can you use this more than once a day? At Nineteenth stage, you can have up to 7 runes of 7th stage or reduced up at once?

Rune lasts 24 hours. Defensive songs only on armor, offensive songs only on weapons. Can scribe more than once a day. Can only have up to 4 runes (one rune per song level, which is max of 4th).