Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
materia question
Hi everyone I am new to the forums and the game. I have been playing pathfinder for awhile so I am familiar with the rules in general but i had a question about materia slots. My GM is under the impression that the materia slots listed for weapons and armor are max slots after mastercraft. I told him i thought the slots listed on the table are the base slot and that you could add more slots through mastercraft. Could someone please help clear this up for us thanx alot.
(04-22-2013, 07:26 PM)havokhiro Wrote: Hi everyone I am new to the forums and the game. I have been playing pathfinder for awhile so I am familiar with the rules in general but i had a question about materia slots. My GM is under the impression that the materia slots listed for weapons and armor are max slots after mastercraft. I told him i thought the slots listed on the table are the base slot and that you could add more slots through mastercraft. Could someone please help clear this up for us thanx alot.

You are correct, although, I did take out the Mastercraft design after switching to Pathfinder. But I suppose you could infer that masterwork could add a slot.
I'd recommend against it. Materia slots are pretty powerful, to be granted on top of Masterwork bonus.

The least you can do with an extra Materia slot is grant yourself 2d6 points of damage, which is comparable (even slightly weaker than) the Holy Enchantment, but you have more versatility since you can take the materia out and put a new one in.

I'd recommend an extra Materia slot be worth a +2 Enchantment. Maybe even +3.
Does the power materia still grant
The old power power attack feats
or is it just not updated yet?
<(°_°^) (^°_°^) (^°_°)>
(06-19-2013, 03:24 AM)fel_horfrost Wrote: Does the power materia still grant
The old power power attack feats
or is it just not updated yet?

Forgot about it, will update it, or remove it.
Does having having 2 different materia in a weapon that cause damage stack
or does only one operate at a time?
Example
Long sword with a fire & ice lvl 1 materia
1 fire damage & 1 ice damage, or
1 fire damage or 1 ice damage
<(°_°^) (^°_°^) (^°_°)>
It stacks.
Maybe update/combine it with cleave to give power attack, cleave, great cleave?