Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoner Spell List...
Just to show you that I really am working on the Summoner Spell List, here's what I have so far:

http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/pat...l_List.pdf

It's alot of work to design 50-60 new spells. :p
... Good luck...
Ifrit is higher level than Shiva?Huh
(04-17-2013, 05:59 AM)Asteron Questar Wrote: Ifrit is higher level than Shiva?Huh

Didn't want 2 fire aoe spells in the same spell level. so made Ifrit's do something different and stronger.
But shiva is a paygrade better than ifrit, so how does that work?
(04-17-2013, 02:40 PM)Raybras Wrote: But shiva is a paygrade better than ifrit, so how does that work?

How is she better? Always seemed to me that Shiva and Ifrit are on the same power structure. One does fire, one does ice.
(04-17-2013, 02:46 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 02:40 PM)Raybras Wrote: But shiva is a paygrade better than ifrit, so how does that work?

How is she better? Always seemed to me that Shiva and Ifrit are on the same power structure. One does fire, one does ice.

haha yeah you're right, i'm just thinking of FFX where shiva was the best summon in the later levels, since she could dodge everything.
(04-17-2013, 03:28 PM)Raybras Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 02:46 PM)Viladin Wrote:

haha yeah you're right, i'm just thinking of FFX where shiva was the best summon in the later levels, since she could dodge everything.

Remember, FFX is but one instance of those two summons. Wink
One note, shouldn't Megaflare be non-elemental? I thought Bahamut was generally the iconic non-elemental summon.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
(04-17-2013, 06:50 PM)chaoticangel97 Wrote: One note, shouldn't Megaflare be non-elemental? I thought Bahamut was generally the iconic non-elemental summon.

You're right, my bad.
I think I must've missed an update or something, but do these spells suggest changes for the summoner class? Most of the lesser summon abilities cover these spells?

Not criticizing, genuinely curious.
(04-18-2013, 12:50 AM)Solidchaos Wrote: I think I must've missed an update or something, but do these spells suggest changes for the summoner class? Most of the lesser summon abilities cover these spells?

Not criticizing, genuinely curious.

Yeah, overhauling the summoner class. Lesser summons became spells.
Why does Ultimate End's Fire Rod, Ice Rod, and Earth Staff deal damage one step better than what characters are normally capable of when using the same item?
<>Ever on the Hunt for the Ultimate<>
<>D20 Class Change System<>
(11-17-2017, 09:06 AM)Loxsis Wrote: Why does Ultimate End's Fire Rod, Ice Rod, and Earth Staff deal damage one step better than what characters are normally capable of when using the same item?

A mistake. I'll fix it later.
So is your plan to make summoner more like the ff3 version and less like pathfinder?
Angry Grammar dark knights are always watching Angry
(11-24-2017, 01:54 AM)Biyama Wrote: So is your plan to make summoner more like the ff3 version and less like pathfinder?

Summoner is still going to be the same. Just adding new spells, and eventually fixing the avatars' abilities.
(11-24-2017, 10:45 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 01:54 AM)Biyama Wrote: So is your plan to make summoner more like the ff3 version and less like pathfinder?

Summoner is still going to be the same. Just adding new spells, and eventually fixing the avatars' abilities.

IMHO, I feel like Summoner in it's current base form is too much like the pathfinder class. The spells are great though, but I do hope there might be an effort to bring the whole avatar system to be more like the one in 11. Having access to multiple avatars that have their own blood pact spells would be really neat, and would do more to differentiate it from pathfinder.

Of course, that's all just my two cents on the matter. Either way, I'm really looking forwards to any additions to the class, and will be interested to see the changes made.
Since there's still the power rod/staff discrepancy between the weapon entry and the Ultimate End spell, which one do I use?
<>Ever on the Hunt for the Ultimate<>
<>D20 Class Change System<>
(11-29-2017, 11:13 AM)Loxsis Wrote: Since there's still the power rod/staff discrepancy between the weapon entry and the Ultimate End spell, which one do I use?

Use the power rod/staff from the weapons section.