Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Mage question.
What exactly is the benefit to attuning two firearms via Sapphire Guns, It doesn't do anything as far as I can see, and meshes poorly with the rest of the abilities.

Single Firearms get x3 Spell Crit modifier, and all the other abilities seem to focus on enhancing a single firearm at a time.

am I missing something?
I've always taken it as having an insurance policy against the moment when you eventually either roll that 1 on an attack roll or the enemy rolls a 20. Both cause your gun to gain the broken condition and gun mages dont have a way to clear that without taking amateur gunner or levels in a class that let's you do it in combat. Cause if you roll one of those when it's already broken, the gun explodes. 

So it's something of a risk reward decision. Do you play it safe and have a backup Sapphire Gun, or will you take the risk and have just one, but get the increased crit modifier?
(11-15-2019, 02:35 PM)Snowsong Wrote: I've always taken it as having an insurance policy against the moment when you eventually either roll that 1 on an attack roll or the enemy rolls a 20. Both cause your gun to gain the broken condition and gun mages dont have a way to clear that without taking amateur gunner or levels in a class that let's you do it in combat. Cause if you roll one of those when it's already broken, the gun explodes. 

So it's something of a risk reward decision. Do you play it safe and have a backup Sapphire Gun, or will you take the risk and have just one, but get the increased crit modifier?

Never played one, tbh, but I think a backup gun sounds about right.