Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Errors and Mistakes
(05-01-2018, 09:04 PM)DTraveler Wrote: Not a rules error, but the link for the Sword Captain archetype leads to the wrong page. The URL that it sends you to ends in "wword-captain" rather than "sword-captain", so it should be an easy fix.

Fixed. Smile Thanks for the catch.
Hello there! New user here immediately with some problems to report:

-- Both Galka and Roegadyn have the universal monster rules version of Ferocity as a racial trait, so they can keep fighting at negative HP. However, the Ferocious Resolve racial feat that they're allowed to have has been copied directly from source, which states that the bearer of the feat exchanges their original 1-turn only ferocity for the UMR version. I would like some clarification on whether the feat or the races have the correct version of ferocity.

-- The Beastmaster's Animal Companion class feature states "An animal companion’s base attack bonus is the same as that of a beastmaster of a level equal to the animal’s HD.", this was of course copied from source as well, but the source assumes that the animal is the companion of a Druid, which is a 3/4ths BAB class. As the Beastmaster is a full BAB class, does the animal still follow this ruling and thus get increased BAB over what's shown on the table?

-- The Tamer archetype for the Beastmaster states that their Tools of the Trade replaces the base class's Wild Empathy, but the Tamer's Capture power requires Wild Empathy in order to function. Could this be clarified?

edit: thanks for the quick response!
(03-12-2019, 03:46 PM)Moppy Wrote: Hello there! New user here immediately with some problems to report:

-- Both Galka and Roegadyn have the universal monster rules version of Ferocity as a racial trait, so they can keep fighting at negative HP. However, the Ferocious Resolve racial feat that they're allowed to have has been copied directly from source, which states that the bearer of the feat exchanges their original 1-turn only ferocity for the UMR version. I would like some clarification on whether the feat or the races have the correct version of ferocity.

-- The Beastmaster's Animal Companion class feature states "An animal companion’s base attack bonus is the same as that of a beastmaster of a level equal to the animal’s HD.", this was of course copied from source as well, but the source assumes that the animal is the companion of a Druid, which is a 3/4ths BAB class. As the Beastmaster is a full BAB class, does the animal still follow this ruling and thus get increased BAB over what's shown on the table?

-- The Tamer archetype for the Beastmaster states that their Tools of the Trade replaces the base class's Wild Empathy, but the Tamer's Capture power requires Wild Empathy in order to function. Could this be clarified?

I have fixed Galka/Roegadyn to show the proper Ferocity trait.

I have removed the line from Beastmaster and Chocobo Knight indicating what their BAB comes from.

And I don't know how I missed that for Tamer. I will fix it. I actually have a new Tamer that someone submitted, may use that after looking it over.

The monk Combo Finishers paragraph should probably be updated to look more like the Samurai one if they work the same. Particularly "that must hit and be completed before the end of her next turn of the last successive hit"
(05-14-2019, 11:25 AM)Radical Jackal Wrote: The monk Combo Finishers paragraph should probably be updated to look more like the Samurai one if they work the same.  Particularly "that must hit and be completed before the end of her next turn of the last successive hit"

Done, fixed.

On the monk table, AC Bonus should increase every 4th level. Right now it is increasing early on 7, 11, and 15.
(05-20-2019, 02:06 PM)Radical Jackal Wrote: On the monk table, AC Bonus should increase every 4th level.  Right now it is increasing early on 7, 11, and 15.

Fixed.

Monstrous Shifter - Web mentions "half of the freelancer’s level" instead of blue mage's

Azure Talents
Broad Analysis has an extra "may" in "an additional use of that ability to may apply"
Detect Traps has an extra "also" in "The blue mage also must also make"
Spell Guard is missing a "W" at the beginning "henever the blue mage"
Intel has an extra "may" in "Whenever the blue mage may uses the Libra ability,"
Mage Focus the second half of the last sentence seems unnecessary.
(05-22-2019, 09:49 PM)Radical Jackal Wrote: Monstrous Shifter - Web mentions "half of the freelancer’s level" instead of blue mage's

Azure Talents  
Broad Analysis has an extra "may" in "an additional use of that ability to may apply"
Detect Traps has an extra "also" in "The blue mage also must also make"
Spell Guard is missing a "W" at the beginning "henever the blue mage"
Intel has an extra "may" in "Whenever the blue mage may uses the Libra ability,"
Mage Focus the second half of the last sentence seems unnecessary.

Fixed.

The description on Black Waves (Lvl 3 blue magc)
"The caster can emulate a shadowy spread of waves from the caster that of an unseelie which spreads to 30-ft.-radius"
I think the part I italicized should be removed or maybe something like "...from the caster like that of an..."
(06-01-2019, 09:26 PM)Radical Jackal Wrote: The description on Black Waves (Lvl 3 blue magc)
"The caster can emulate a shadowy spread of waves from the caster that of an unseelie which spreads to 30-ft.-radius"
I think the part I italicized should be removed or maybe something like "...from the caster like that of an..."

Fixed

On Faris' iconic page, the links to her animal companion Syldra will 404 for any of the stat pages beyond level 1, as the URL points to a sub-page of Faris' level 1 stat page. They are still accessible if you type in the matching level in the URL, such as http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/iconics/f...panion-10/
(06-20-2019, 08:45 PM)AbruptDemise Wrote: On Faris' iconic page, the links to her animal companion Syldra will 404 for any of the stat pages beyond level 1, as the URL points to a sub-page of Faris' level 1 stat page. They are still accessible if you type in the matching level in the URL, such as http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/iconics/f...panion-10/

Fixed.

When you updated the necromancer to get rid of bone minions, Lifetap retained a reference to them:
Lifetap:
At 3rd level, whenever the necromancer casts spells that deals shadow damage to a living creature, he gains health back equal to spell level of the spell + his Charisma modifier. If this would put him above his normal hit point total, he can transfer the excess to his bone commander. If this would put the bone commander above its normal hit point total, it can transfer the excess to its bone minions. Any excess left over on the bone minions above their normal hit point total dissipates.
(06-27-2019, 07:04 PM)Draconm Wrote: When you updated the necromancer to get rid of bone minions, Lifetap retained a reference to them:
Lifetap:
At 3rd level, whenever the necromancer casts spells that deals shadow damage to a living creature, he gains health back equal to spell level of the spell + his Charisma modifier. If this would put him above his normal hit point total, he can transfer the excess to his bone commander. If this would put the bone commander above its normal hit point total, it can transfer the excess to its bone minions. Any excess left over on the bone minions above their normal hit point total dissipates.

Fixed.

I noticed chocobo knights get a new ability to do with feed. But magitek knights don't replace that ability.
(08-27-2019, 11:55 AM)Nida Westers Wrote: I noticed chocobo knights get a new ability to do with feed. But magitek knights don't replace that ability.

Fixed.

Hello,

hate to be a bother an wasn't sure if this was the right place, but I get a 404 error when trying to access the pdf of Opal Magister.  I have tried from multiple browsers, and computers if that helps any, please advise me if there is anything I need to do in order to access it.

Thank you for your time.
(09-17-2019, 02:30 PM)Avaret Wrote: Hello,

hate to be a bother an wasn't sure if this was the right place, but I get a 404 error when trying to access the pdf of Opal Magister.  I have tried from multiple browsers, and computers if that helps any, please advise me if there is anything I need to do in order to access it.

Thank you for your time.

Fixed. Should be there now.

Under the new Blue Mage spell Curse Gaze:

"The caster emulates dark soul gazes a dark eerie look into the eyes of their opponent within 60 feet."

I think at least two, maybe three different sentences had a baby there.