Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spira BEC
Sadelle Nista, the summoner, was introduced to Nix, the Red Mage, Kamui, the Blue Mage, and Lyd, the Al-Bhed Chemist. Upon the night of Sadelle's arrival, a massive thunder storm ravaged the Crusaders Headquarters and when the trio went to meat with Lady Sadelle at the front gate, as instructed, her moogle assistant informed them that the Lady had traveled on ahead to Djose Temple. The crew gave chase. They found Sadelle unconscious and nearly dead on the floor of the Cloister of Trials in Djose Temple. When they attempted to exit the Cloister, their path was barred and they decided to push on in the Cloister, after curing the Lady Summoner. They encountered numerous Kobolds within the confines of the temple as well as a shape-shifting goo monster that took the shape of a dragon (To save face, I won't go into details here.) After the fight against the goo monster, the four discovered the chest of the mighty destruction Mog and were rewarded with magical items. They have yet to finish the Cloister and still have some time to go, and could use just a dash of assistance, perhaps...

What will happen next week in Spira?!
Find out next time on Dragon Ba-, I mean.... The next session!!!
Congrats on your first session. Smile
It was pretty darn fun for a first session. Even though a few people couldn't make it Sad
Yeah, hoping that everyone can be there this week. But even i not, thats why I let a few extras join, some people allows ditch.
That is my biggest issue with running a game, getting schedules aligned, or even when they do...not have something come up. Having three kids in the house and unexpected things happen is a weekly obstacle. Just gotta hope and keep going though, bubble people out and pop them back in. Also, not to disrupt how or what you are doing, but I saw someone on GitP made a D20 FFX book. Maybe you can use it for inspiration or information. Can send the link to you or anyone who wants it.
Sounds really fun! My friend and I are interested in joining a game, let me know if you (or anyone else reading this) has some extra slots. I look forward to the next update of your game.
Hey everyone!
Glad to see you folk are exited about our progress.
Unfortunately, Sunday's game didn't happen as more than a few of our six player characters didn't show up until it was far too late.
Unfortunately, Silverwerret makes a valid point on the issue of attendance and I realize that RL happens, but the level that it happened was weird. Only one player looged in initially, then another showed up late.

The two that were now on were part of a group of three that couldn't make it to the first game.
The solution seemed simple enough: run for them as a catch-up.
We were still missing one of last weeks no-shows, so I told the first two, "Give him ten more minutes and if he doesn't show, we'll continue without him." Ten minutes later and the late player was no longer comunicating and eventually logged out. One other person long in 45minutes before the game would have been over and another 15minutes after. I still have not heard from two of the players.
This is... Frustrating, to say the least.
(07-08-2014, 12:11 PM)PopSmash Wrote: Hey everyone!
Glad to see you folk are exited about our progress.
Unfortunately, Sunday's game didn't happen as more than a few of our six player characters didn't show up until it was far too late.
Unfortunately, Silverwerret makes a valid point on the issue of attendance and I realize that RL happens, but the level that it happened was weird. Only one player looged in initially, then another showed up late.

The two that were now on were part of a group of three that couldn't make it to the first game.
The solution seemed simple enough: run for them as a catch-up.
We were still missing one of last weeks no-shows, so I told the first two, "Give him ten more minutes and if he doesn't show, we'll continue without him." Ten minutes later and the late player was no longer comunicating and eventually logged out. One other person long in 45minutes before the game would have been over and another 15minutes after. I still have not heard from two of the players.
This is... Frustrating, to say the least.

Definitely understandable. I'm glad my players are mostly on time and if some can't show up, they generally leave me notice.
-Glaring at Viladin- Jealous.
(07-08-2014, 03:15 PM)PopSmash Wrote: -Glaring at Viladin- Jealous.

They are not without problems though :p I have one player who is going on his 4th character in about 3-4 months of gaming with the group.

They're the most accidental evil "good guys" I've ever had to GM. I think they cause more mayhem than prevent it.
(07-08-2014, 04:50 PM)Viladin Wrote:

They are not without problems though :p I have one player who is going on his 4th character in about 3-4 months of gaming with the group.

They're the most accidental evil "good guys" I've ever had to GM. I think they cause more mayhem than prevent it.

That is the story of my RL group. Lots of mayhem and in-fighting every game, can't seem to get them to convince them not to and am almost always forced to resort to ME

(07-08-2014, 04:50 PM)Viladin Wrote:

That is the story of my RL group. Lots of mayhem and in-fighting every game, can't seem to get them to convince them not to and am almost always forced to resort to metagame ways to make them quit.
So more problems with our last game than I careto admit.

Sunday afternoon my laptop stopped holding a charge so I was forced to run on my NOOK tablet. Skype dropped over two dozen times, but I was determined Damnit! We played for about two and half hours before a player passed out right before the boss mob. Did I mention more no-shows? Two drop-outs and I'm kicking one for continuous no show without explanation. That said, I have three slots open.

At least there is a bit of recap to do:

After meating with and being gifted their boons from Destruction Mog, Sadelle, Lyd, and Nix carry on through the Cloister. They come to a fork where Sadelle excitedly follows Lyd down one way, while Nixexplores the other. Lyd discovers a bit of treasure and as of yet hasn't told anyone about it. Next they go further down the path Nix started on and encounter a rather large group of Shocker Lizards. Two take out the two guardians with ease, but Shiva finishes them off rather quickly and Sadelles summons Mog to cure the party so they might continue on. Next they come across a door in the shape of a dragon's head and a riddle which they pseudo solve. On the othside of this door lays the Chamber of the Fayth... and a dragon.