Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Sword
And so, to complement my darksteel homebrew material, I've decided to remake a classic sort of weaponry, working much like the dark swords that Cecil uses in IV. Tell me what you think!

Dark Sword: Far more than simply a blade made of darksteel, dark swords are a mysterious trademark weapon of dark knights everywhere, regarded with a mix of both fear and wonder. Treated with even greater exposure to shadow-elemental magic during its forging, a dark sword is almost shadow magic made solid. They are typically a +1 darksteel knight sword, although they are also known to be forged as katanas in certain locales, as well as many other different swords, and treat their weapon damage as shadow damage for certain purposes. While the damage dealt is still physical in nature, creatures who are vulnerable to shadow damage take 50% more damage from attacks made by a dark sword. Upon a critical hit, this extra damage is determined after the total damage dealt by the critical hit has been calculated. When attacking creatures with resistance to shadow, the resistance applies to the damage dealt, stacking with any damage reduction that the creature has for determining the total damage, e.g. a creature with DR 5/adamantine and resist shadow 5 would take 10 less points of damage from a dark sword. Creatures who are immune to shadow damage only take 1 point of damage per hit, and creatures who absorb shadow damage take no damage at all,rather than absorbing it. Other sources of damage dice, such as precision damage or enchantments, or any other source of damage not multiplied upon a critical hit, are not affected by this ability.

All dark knights are proficient with any dark sword, even if it is normally a sword with which dark knights are not proficient. Dark swords can be further enchanted, calculating prices as normal.

Price: 6,500 gil

Construction:

Requirements: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, dark III, darkra; Cost: 3,250 gil

Messages In This Thread
Dark Sword - by Manly Man - 05-25-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: Dark Sword - by Manly Man - 05-25-2017, 10:46 PM
RE: Dark Sword - by Manly Man - 05-27-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: Dark Sword - by Manly Man - 12-02-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: Dark Sword - by silverwerret - 08-05-2018, 09:36 AM