Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultimate Weapon Ideas
So I recently sat down with a friend of mine and made some ultimate weapons for a campaign I'm running. I'm looking for any feedback about any aspect of these weapons. This is the first time I've tried to make something from scratch, so feedback is greatly appreciated.

Halberd -Venus gospel:
Medium weapon
1 or 2 handed
Piercing / slashing
Damage 2d10
Critical 10%x3

Weapon bonus: +10 to jump checks.

Weapon limit: Highwind – jump in to the air and come down dealing damage to all targets in a 15ft radius centered on a single target within 30ft of your original position. The central target is hit by the weapon itself with the addition of 1d6 wind damage and all the rest are hit by spears of wind damage dealing 3d8. Activate this limit with a standard action

Gunblade(marksman) – Durandal:
Medium weapon
1 handed melee, 2 handed ranged
Light medium weapon
Blade damage type slashing
Range melee
Damage 2d8
Gun damage type piercing
Range line of sight
Damage 2d6
Critical 10%x2
Weapon bonus: the wielder is treated as having a dexterity modifier of 1 higher than their own.

Weapon Limit: Couldn't come up with a limit for this weapon, so any input would be very helpful.

Longsword - Azure blade:
Medium weapon
One to two handed
Damage type slashing or piercing
Range melee
Damage 2d6
Critical range 10%x2
Weapon bonus extra 20mp

Weapon Limit: azure control. Make a melee attack on an enemy creature, on a successful hit they must make a will save, the DC for this save is equal to their spell save DC +2, on a failed save the creature treats the wielder as their ally for 1d6 rounds.

Power staff – Nirvana:
Medium light weapon
Weapon ability, cast flame strike as the D&D3.5 cleric spell
Weapon bonus, spells have their MP cost halved

Weapon limit: summoner’s maelstrom
All possible avatars are summoned, treated as the same level as the summoner’s avatar and all then perform a synchronized attack based on their levels and available abilities. Using this limit is a full round action

Buster blade – Fenrir
Medium weapon
2 handed
Range melee
Damage type slashing
Damage 3d8
Critical 10%x2
Weapon bonus: the wielder’s strength modifier is treated as if it were 1 higher.

Weapon limit: oblivion
The wielder makes an attack roll on a target and that target is subject to the effect of a disintegration spell in the D&D 3.5 set. Initiating this limit is a standard action.

Power Staff: Anima
Medium light weapon
Weapon ability: shadow blast (lvl7 spell; 10 damage/lvl, max 120)
Weapon bonus: gain 10 MP

Weapon limit: for three rounds the wielder does not need to spend MP to cast black mage spells. Activate this ability as a swift action.

Lance – spirit lance:
Light martial weapon:
Damage type piercing
Range melee
Damage 2d10
Critical 10%x3

Weapon bonus: the wielder's dexterity modifier is treated as if it were 1 higher than their own.

Weapon limit: spirit overrun – the wielder creates a spirit copy of themselves on either side of their position and all 3 perform a united charge trampling everything in an area of 15 by 90 feet. The central 5ft line covered by the wielder takes 2d10x3 damage and the spirits deal 2d8x2 damage. Targets in the area can roll a reflex saving throw DC 10 plus the wielder’s ride modifier for half damage. Activate this limit as a full round action.

Messages In This Thread
Ultimate Weapon Ideas - by xJimmyTheRev23 - 05-02-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: Ultimate Weapon Ideas - by NeloAngelo - 05-03-2016, 03:35 PM