Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magitek pilot archetype questions.
Salutations. So, I’ve been looking over the Magitek Pilot archetype for the Chocobo Knight. There are a few thingies that I was wondering about. 

First, the Repair ability doesn’t have an action associated with it. I presume the intention is Swift Action? That would like up with similar abilities, I believe. 

Second, and more significant, I’m a little confused how the piloting is supposed to actually work. Alright, so the way it looks at first, it is just the normal mount rules. There is nothing to directly contradict that I can see anyways. So the mech and the pilot get a full turn each round? And the pilot is basically in an open cockpit, attacking and getting attacked as normal? But then Magitek Upgrade 2 comes in, which says that the pilot gets an extra of the Magitek’s slam attacks at the pilot’s BAB. So is it intended that the pilot is using the Magitek’s slam attack as their action? And the Magitek doesn’t get its own actions?
(02-11-2019, 10:48 PM)Fyrm Wrote: Salutations. So, I’ve been looking over the Magitek Pilot archetype for the Chocobo Knight. There are a few thingies that I was wondering about. 

First, the Repair ability doesn’t have an action associated with it. I presume the intention is Swift Action? That would like up with similar abilities, I believe. 

Second, and more significant, I’m a little confused how the piloting is supposed to actually work. Alright, so the way it looks at first, it is just the normal mount rules. There is nothing to directly contradict that I can see anyways. So the mech and the pilot get a full turn each round? And the pilot is basically in an open cockpit, attacking and getting attacked as normal? But then Magitek Upgrade 2 comes in, which says that the pilot gets an extra of the Magitek’s slam attacks at the pilot’s BAB. So is it intended that the pilot is using the Magitek’s slam attack as their action? And the Magitek doesn’t get its own actions?

Repair is a standard action.

It is intended that the mech and pilot get a full turn each round. I will change the wording on the upgrade to indicate so.