Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Update Thread
(08-31-2015, 11:28 AM)Pyrohemia Wrote: Not sure if this is the right place, I'm very new (made this account to post this).

In regards to Extra MP, instead of increasing your stat by 4 or granting an extra 2 (taken repeatedly for more), why not just treat it like the toughness feat? Starting at first level you get 1 MP and it increases by an additional 1 per level. Even if you feel like that would be too much, you could increase the MP gained by half your level (max of 10 at 20th). We just started playing over this past weekend and I could feel the problems that a 3.5 Wizard or Sorcerer had. Out of MP so quick and nothing left to do.

Running out of MP is only relative to low levels, I never see this problem with my players at higher levels (5+). And as Luc said, power rods and staves also work.
(08-31-2015, 04:15 PM)LucarinZer0 Wrote: At one point, there was a feat that was exactly as you described (Only with a base 2 MP, instead of one), it was called Mental Toughness. As well, there are solutions to running out of MP at early levels: Power Rods and Power Staves, those things help a TON.

We (myself and another new player) didn't know about Power Rods/Staves. We were also trying to pass a tablet with the PDF around to get through character gen as quickly as we could. Ended up with the Body Fuel feat, which is more of a boon than the current form of Extra MP.

That being said: on your website, General Feats have Extra MP listed as a +2 MP bonus and under Class Feats it says +4 to your casting stat for calculating MP.
(09-02-2015, 09:27 AM)Pyrohemia Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 04:15 PM)LucarinZer0 Wrote: At one point, there was a feat that was exactly as you described (Only with a base 2 MP, instead of one), it was called Mental Toughness. As well, there are solutions to running out of MP at early levels: Power Rods and Power Staves, those things help a TON.

We (myself and another new player) didn't know about Power Rods/Staves. We were also trying to pass a tablet with the PDF around to get through character gen as quickly as we could. Ended up with the Body Fuel feat, which is more of a boon than the current form of Extra MP.

That being said: on your website, General Feats have Extra MP listed as a +2 MP bonus and under Class Feats it says +4 to your casting stat for calculating MP.

Oops, I will fix that.
Upcoming Update will include:
Monk Combos
Green Mage Hybrid Class
Green Mage Spells and Spell List
Turk Prestige Class
Abyssal Knight Archetype for Dark Knights
Au Ra race
OMG! Green Mage! That's basically how I play my Blue Mage Smile So I is excited Smile
WOOHOO Green Mage, and another draconic race! Nice!
"Everyone get out. This'll take a while."
-The worst thing to hear after the result of a roll (Count:5)
(09-08-2015, 03:48 AM)Viladin Wrote: Upcoming Update will include:
Monk Combos
Green Mage Hybrid Class
Turk Prestige Class
Au Ra race

Sweet! I cannot wait for the Green Mage.

I am curious, is there any chance your edited version of LucarinZer0's Magicite Knight will make it into this update?
(09-09-2015, 01:15 PM)Locke Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 03:48 AM)Viladin Wrote: Upcoming Update will include:
Monk Combos
Green Mage Hybrid Class
Turk Prestige Class
Au Ra race

Sweet! I cannot wait for the Green Mage.

I am curious, is there any chance your edited version of LucarinZer0's Magicite Knight will make it into this update?

That might make the cut too.
3/29/2016 - Major update: Long time no see! 9 months later and finally an update. Sorry about that. A plethora of archetypes, a new race, a couple of base class editings, and lots of errors fixed. On the next update: Monk combos, Arithmetician base class, Green Mage hybrid class, Astrologian base class, and Sword Saint overhaul.

Races

Au Ra - A mysterious draconic race from the lands of FFXIV.

Classes

Engineer - Slight overhaul. Automatons were fine-tuned and upgraded. New engineer tricks.
Knight - Minor error fixed.
Necromancer - Bone Commanders got a slight change in stats.
Time Mage - Finally get Clear Mind.
White Mage - Minor error fixed.

Hybrid Classes
Technomancer - Changed from hybrid class to an Engineer archetype.

Prestige Classes
Arithmetician - Requirement changed from Knowledge (Math) to Knowledge (Arcana).
Turk - A new prestige class involving the famous Turks from FF7. Created by RedDingo777, edited by me.

Archetypes
Abyssal Knight - A new Dark Knight archetype that channels the dark side to fuel his powers. Created by NeloAngelo, edited by me.
Arcane Archer - A new Archer archetype incorporating magic wtih archery. Created by Luphey, edited by me.
Dark Swordsman - A new Dark Knight archetype that focuses on the Dark Sword Arts. Created by NeloAngelo, edited by me.
Paladin - A new Holy Knight archetype that blends offense and defense effortlessly. Created by NeloAngelo, edited by me.
Puppetmaster - A new Engineer archetype that builds multiple automatons and inventions.
Skald - Now has full BAB and d10 hit dice.
Skirmisher - A new Archer archetype that assassinates in the shadows from afar. Created by Luphey, edited by me.
Synthesist - A new Engineer archetype that builds magical items on the fly.
Technomancer - Changed from a hybrid class to an Engineer archetype that blends magic and science.

Feats
Extra MP - Now grants 2 MP when obtained and 1 per level thereafter.

Spells/Songs
Bard Song - Foe Requiem fixed (now deals 2d6 instead of 1d6).

Miscellaneous
Variant Multiclassing - Changed Fighter's variant.
Awesome Possum.
Thank you good Viladin
I know you mentioned it before, but any idea on the Magicite Knight conversion? I've been chomping at the bit since it was mentioned. Tongue
(04-01-2016, 05:35 PM)Violetlantern658 Wrote: I know you mentioned it before, but any idea on the Magicite Knight conversion? I've been chomping at the bit since it was mentioned. Tongue

That too.. will be in the next update. :p
Out of curiousity is there a rough draft of the Green Mage outsomewhere on the forums? I couldn't find it if so.
(05-04-2016, 05:34 AM)Zwordsman Wrote: Out of curiousity is there a rough draft of the Green Mage outsomewhere on the forums? I couldn't find it if so.

No, but if I do, I usually post a draft to my Patreon account first. Like i did with the overhaul of the Sword Saint class.
3/16/2017 - Minor update - Two new races, the Garif and Tonkin. Several races got looked over and changed. Several new archetypes. Over the next couple of months, I'll be working with a forum user, ForTheSeen, on updating the FFd20 Monster Compendium as well as I'm working on a side project for a type of "classless" system for FFd20.

Races

Garif - New race of peace-loving masked people.
Tonkin - New race of an off-short tonberry people.
Bangaas, Gria, Moogles, Nu mous, Seeq, and Viera each got some minor upgrades and in a couple of cases (Moogles and Grias have their flight nerfed) some downgrades.
Varg - Added a racial Astrologian archetype, Mooncaller. And added Astrologian to their favored class.

Classes

Cleric - Added Armored Mage ability.
Gambler - Changed Double or Nothing ability so the player MAY use it.
Ninja - Gave Finesse Training as a ninja trick.
Scholar - Fixed a minor error involving the pet's 3rd spell-like ability, corrected to 11th level.

Archetypes

Battlefield Minstrel - Fixed error, it is now an Archer archetype as it should be.
Card Shark - Moved Re-Draw to 13th level and replaces all or nothing instead.
Dark Swordsman - Removed Maneuver Mastery.
Holy Swordsman - Removed Maneuver Mastery.
Hunter - A new Thief archetype.
Knife Master - A new Tonkin Thief archetype.
Mooncaller - A new Varg Astrologian archetype.
Parivir - A new Garif Monk archetype.
Performer - A new Fencer archetype.
Raptor - A new Thief archetype.
Sage - Added new abilities.

Spells

White Wind (Blue Mage spell) moved to 3rd level on the Blue Mage Spell List.

Feats

Improved Deft Pugilist added to Racial Feats

Materia

Removed example where it shows that you can have more than one materia slotted.
Alright, I look forward to it. Let me know if I need to make some changes some of the creatures could be a little off from their CR. I can also change some of the spells so their only monster related assuming they're too powerful for any player to wield.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
4/25/2017 - Minor update - I've created FFd20 Character Sheets finally, located in the PDF section. 1st one is the standard 2-part character sheets. The 2nd file includes all 5 parts of the character sheets plus an Animal Companion and Familiar character sheets. In addition, I've added a new (optional) class, the Freelancer. The Freelancer is basically a classless system to make your own class as you level up. This is an OPTIONAL class. Consult your DM before you decide to play it. DMs, I highly recommend reading over it. While, I have tested some of it, I haven't gone over it with a fine comb. I'm sure someone will attempt to break and abuse it. Over the next 3 months, I will be planning a massive Monster Compendium update along with new Blue Mage spells.

Classes

Freelancer - New (optional) class that allows you to build your class as you level up.

PDFs

FFd20 Character Sheets
FFd20 Expanded Character Sheets
FFd20 Animal Companion Character Sheet
FFd20 Familiar Character Sheet
6/12/2017 - Minor update - Regretfully, I did not get to update the Monster Compendium nor add the new Blue Mage spells. But in the meantime, I've changed the Samurai archetype into a Samurai hybrid class with the help of Nelo and a few new archetypes. I'll try, eventually, to get the other stuff done. Sorry!

Classes

Bard - Changed Resonance ability to reflect the change in Dissonance.
Freelancer - Added more clarification to ability cost.
Gambler - Removed Advantageous Avoidance gambler trick. It was too similar to Bad Draw.
Holy Knight - Changed the duration of the Judgment Blade to 1 round. (Both the main class and the Holy Swordsman archetype)
Knight - Changed Roused Defense ability a little bit.
Monk - To be honest, I have no idea what I changed, but I updated it anyways. I'm sure it was an error or something with a combo finisher.
Samurai - A new Knight/Monk hybrid class.
Thief - Changed Trap Spotter to a passive Perception check. Easier on the GMs.

Archetypes

Apothecary - Added a new ability.
Caller - Dropped Augment Summoning and added clarification to the Summon Monster ability.
Duelist - A new Sword Saint archetype.
Ki Warrior - Fixed an error.
Pugilist - Not sure what I did to Pugilist, but updated anyways.
Sage - Fixed errors.
Samurai - Archetype scrapped and removed.
Skylancer - Nerfed Dimensional Leap's range and other properties.
Sword Captain - A new Sword Saint archetype.
Warrior Monk - A new Samurai archetype.

PDFs

Character Sheets - Finally added a Spell List sheet for casters.
FFd20 Slim and FFd20 Class Archetypes updated with the new changes.
(06-12-2017, 12:39 PM)Viladin Wrote: 6/12/2017 - Minor update - Regretfully, I did not get to update the Monster Compendium nor add the new Blue Mage spells. But in the meantime, I've changed the Samurai archetype into a Samurai hybrid class with the help of Nelo and a few new archetypes. I'll try, eventually, to get the other stuff done. Sorry!

Classes

Bard - Changed Resonance ability to reflect the change in Dissonance.
Freelancer - Added more clarification to ability cost.
Gambler - Removed Advantageous Avoidance gambler trick. It was too similar to Bad Draw.
Holy Knight - Changed the duration of the Judgment Blade to 1 round. (Both the main class and the Holy Swordsman archetype)
Knight - Changed Roused Defense ability a little bit.
Monk - To be honest, I have no idea what I changed, but I updated it anyways. I'm sure it was an error or something with a combo finisher.
Samurai - A new Knight/Monk hybrid class.
Thief - Changed Trap Spotter to a passive Perception check. Easier on the GMs.

Archetypes

Apothecary - Added a new ability.
Caller - Dropped Augment Summoning and added clarification to the Summon Monster ability.
Duelist - A new Sword Saint archetype.
Ki Warrior - Fixed an error.
Pugilist - Not sure what I did to Pugilist, but updated anyways.
Sage - Fixed errors.
Samurai - Archetype scrapped and removed.
Skylancer - Nerfed Dimensional Leap's range and other properties.
Sword Captain - A new Sword Saint archetype.
Warrior Monk - A new Samurai archetype.

PDFs

Character Sheets - Finally added a Spell List sheet for casters.
FFd20 Slim and FFd20 Class Archetypes updated with the new changes.

Actually I would hold on a little on them creatures. I should have a slightly new pdf with updated attack bonuses. I made a slight mistake on anything that wasn't quite medium size lol... I already fixed that about yesterday just working on the pdf.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
6/14/2017 - Quick minor update - Small fixes, added new favored classes to most of the races, and added a new archetype for Samurai, the Bladecaller.

Races

Most of the races received more favored class options. Tarutaru got some new optional race traits.

Archetypes

Bladecaller - A new Samurai archetype. Created by Luphey.
Sword Captain - Fixed a minor error.

PDFs

Updated FFd20 Slim and FFd20 Class Archetypes books with the updates.